Music game sales plummet
The music game genre may now be second only to the evergreen 'shooter' in terms of sales, but that doesn't mean that all is looking rosy for this now vast category - sales having fallen off a cliff in recent months.
According to the ever vocal Michael Pachter, sales for February to June are down 49 percent, when Rock Band and Guitar Hero are combined.
You might think that a lack of new releases is behind this apathetic performance, but with 20 products available alongside a range of peripherals Pachter believes that players may simply be uninspired by the present crop of titles.
Still, with Guitar Hero 5 (among other GH spin-offs) and The Beatles: Rock Band on the way this winter, the genre has ample opportunity to make a comeback.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree