Music game sales plummet
The music game genre may now be second only to the evergreen 'shooter' in terms of sales, but that doesn't mean that all is looking rosy for this now vast category - sales having fallen off a cliff in recent months.
According to the ever vocal Michael Pachter, sales for February to June are down 49 percent, when Rock Band and Guitar Hero are combined.
You might think that a lack of new releases is behind this apathetic performance, but with 20 products available alongside a range of peripherals Pachter believes that players may simply be uninspired by the present crop of titles.
Still, with Guitar Hero 5 (among other GH spin-offs) and The Beatles: Rock Band on the way this winter, the genre has ample opportunity to make a comeback.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update