Music game sales plummet
The music game genre may now be second only to the evergreen 'shooter' in terms of sales, but that doesn't mean that all is looking rosy for this now vast category - sales having fallen off a cliff in recent months.
According to the ever vocal Michael Pachter, sales for February to June are down 49 percent, when Rock Band and Guitar Hero are combined.
You might think that a lack of new releases is behind this apathetic performance, but with 20 products available alongside a range of peripherals Pachter believes that players may simply be uninspired by the present crop of titles.
Still, with Guitar Hero 5 (among other GH spin-offs) and The Beatles: Rock Band on the way this winter, the genre has ample opportunity to make a comeback.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May