Music game sales plummet
The music game genre may now be second only to the evergreen 'shooter' in terms of sales, but that doesn't mean that all is looking rosy for this now vast category - sales having fallen off a cliff in recent months.
According to the ever vocal Michael Pachter, sales for February to June are down 49 percent, when Rock Band and Guitar Hero are combined.
You might think that a lack of new releases is behind this apathetic performance, but with 20 products available alongside a range of peripherals Pachter believes that players may simply be uninspired by the present crop of titles.
Still, with Guitar Hero 5 (among other GH spin-offs) and The Beatles: Rock Band on the way this winter, the genre has ample opportunity to make a comeback.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny