Jones sees long future for APB
GTA creator Dave Jones believes APB, his new gangland MMO, could have a shelf life of between five and 10 years. Or so the veteran game maker told Videogamer at Develop.
"There is a game which kept people playing for years and years and years, but from a very, very different perspective - just a great, great, great core combat game," Jones offered.
"I want more of what Counter-Strike did coupled with the social stuff that Counter-Strike didn't do. You couldn't even have a clan in Counter-Strike for heaven's sake. People used to improvise by adding it to the end of their names."
Jones believes it is these social features that will help give APB longevity, while he also believes the game will boast stronger combat elements than rival MMOs like World of Warcraft. We'll be taking a closer look at APB soon.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015