Jones sees long future for APB
GTA creator Dave Jones believes APB, his new gangland MMO, could have a shelf life of between five and 10 years. Or so the veteran game maker told Videogamer at Develop.
"There is a game which kept people playing for years and years and years, but from a very, very different perspective - just a great, great, great core combat game," Jones offered.
"I want more of what Counter-Strike did coupled with the social stuff that Counter-Strike didn't do. You couldn't even have a clan in Counter-Strike for heaven's sake. People used to improvise by adding it to the end of their names."
Jones believes it is these social features that will help give APB longevity, while he also believes the game will boast stronger combat elements than rival MMOs like World of Warcraft. We'll be taking a closer look at APB soon.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released