Sony talk up advanced motion tech
Sony's Paul Holman, research and development boss, has revealed his belief that Sony's currently in-development motion control technology is several generations ahead of anything presently on offer.
"Oh, totally. It's another generation forward, or even a couple of generations," the big cheese told Eurogamer.net when comparisons were drawn with the Wiimote.
"I know in certain games or applications which are out there, people had to sort of fluff it to make it real for consumers. But this stuff is super-accurate and the impact of that is incredible.
"I think you have to play with it to realise what it will do to games."
The executive adds that Sony have confirmed a 2010 release already in order to give game developers the chance to get cracking on new releases. We'll have more on this soon.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter