Sony talk up advanced motion tech
Sony's Paul Holman, research and development boss, has revealed his belief that Sony's currently in-development motion control technology is several generations ahead of anything presently on offer.
"Oh, totally. It's another generation forward, or even a couple of generations," the big cheese told Eurogamer.net when comparisons were drawn with the Wiimote.
"I know in certain games or applications which are out there, people had to sort of fluff it to make it real for consumers. But this stuff is super-accurate and the impact of that is incredible.
"I think you have to play with it to realise what it will do to games."
The executive adds that Sony have confirmed a 2010 release already in order to give game developers the chance to get cracking on new releases. We'll have more on this soon.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO