Sony talk up advanced motion tech
Sony's Paul Holman, research and development boss, has revealed his belief that Sony's currently in-development motion control technology is several generations ahead of anything presently on offer.
"Oh, totally. It's another generation forward, or even a couple of generations," the big cheese told Eurogamer.net when comparisons were drawn with the Wiimote.
"I know in certain games or applications which are out there, people had to sort of fluff it to make it real for consumers. But this stuff is super-accurate and the impact of that is incredible.
"I think you have to play with it to realise what it will do to games."
The executive adds that Sony have confirmed a 2010 release already in order to give game developers the chance to get cracking on new releases. We'll have more on this soon.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III