Sony talk up advanced motion tech
Sony's Paul Holman, research and development boss, has revealed his belief that Sony's currently in-development motion control technology is several generations ahead of anything presently on offer.
"Oh, totally. It's another generation forward, or even a couple of generations," the big cheese told Eurogamer.net when comparisons were drawn with the Wiimote.
"I know in certain games or applications which are out there, people had to sort of fluff it to make it real for consumers. But this stuff is super-accurate and the impact of that is incredible.
"I think you have to play with it to realise what it will do to games."
The executive adds that Sony have confirmed a 2010 release already in order to give game developers the chance to get cracking on new releases. We'll have more on this soon.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey