Shooter 'in reverse' set for PSN
A new PSN release was announced today, developer 24 Carat Games confirming work on Retro/Grade, an unusual take on the shooter genre that seems to be a downloadable exclusive for the PS3.
Apparently, the title will star Rick Rocket, who is credited with saving the universe and now has to do it all again, but in reverse.
What does this actually mean? Well, we're told the game will see you piloting a space craft around in a 2D plane, attempting to catch the lasers you've already fired in reverse, thereby 'rewinding' through the saving of the universe.
The game bares a few similarities with the rhythm-action genre, we're told, and we also reckon there could be more than a hint of Braid in some of the puzzling elements - the title sporting power-ups capable of re-reversing the flow of time.
Electronica favourite Nautilis will provide the game's music, and we're certainly intrigued to see how this title pans out when it hits the PSN later this year.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below