Shooter 'in reverse' set for PSN
A new PSN release was announced today, developer 24 Carat Games confirming work on Retro/Grade, an unusual take on the shooter genre that seems to be a downloadable exclusive for the PS3.
Apparently, the title will star Rick Rocket, who is credited with saving the universe and now has to do it all again, but in reverse.
What does this actually mean? Well, we're told the game will see you piloting a space craft around in a 2D plane, attempting to catch the lasers you've already fired in reverse, thereby 'rewinding' through the saving of the universe.
The game bares a few similarities with the rhythm-action genre, we're told, and we also reckon there could be more than a hint of Braid in some of the puzzling elements - the title sporting power-ups capable of re-reversing the flow of time.
Electronica favourite Nautilis will provide the game's music, and we're certainly intrigued to see how this title pans out when it hits the PSN later this year.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday