Shooter 'in reverse' set for PSN
A new PSN release was announced today, developer 24 Carat Games confirming work on Retro/Grade, an unusual take on the shooter genre that seems to be a downloadable exclusive for the PS3.
Apparently, the title will star Rick Rocket, who is credited with saving the universe and now has to do it all again, but in reverse.
What does this actually mean? Well, we're told the game will see you piloting a space craft around in a 2D plane, attempting to catch the lasers you've already fired in reverse, thereby 'rewinding' through the saving of the universe.
The game bares a few similarities with the rhythm-action genre, we're told, and we also reckon there could be more than a hint of Braid in some of the puzzling elements - the title sporting power-ups capable of re-reversing the flow of time.
Electronica favourite Nautilis will provide the game's music, and we're certainly intrigued to see how this title pans out when it hits the PSN later this year.
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow
- Fan remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa arrives on Steam Early Access
- Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft devs Mojang was motivated by Hololens
- id Software wanted to pay modders for their work back in 1995 says John Romero
- Jason Voorhees arrives as DLC for Mortal Kombat X and he's all about the machete
- Project CARS finally pulls up to the starting grid
- Shadow Of Mordor: Game Of The Year Edition hits retail this week
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood arrives today
- Bungie and CCP run their own campaigns to aid the earthquake survivors of Nepal