Boom Blox could go multi-platform
EA puzzle hit Boom Blox could eventually make it to other platforms in addition to the Wii console, Bright Light Studios boss Harvey Elliott telling Videogamer at Shrine Week that nothing has been ruled out.
"I wouldn't rule anything out, never say never," Elliott offered.
"Why I think Boom Blox has really worked is that it captured the spirit of the Wii. It's about the motion control, it's about throwing a ball or throwing an object.
"I can't imagine that on other devices at the moment. There's something very physical about it. Right now I'm really proud that it's stayed focused on the Wii and I think it's the right thing. Who knows for the future."
While Elliott doesn't mention it, Sony and Microsoft are of course hard at work on some motion control technology of their own, which could of course provide the tactile control so key to this series. More soon.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent