Boom Blox could go multi-platform
EA puzzle hit Boom Blox could eventually make it to other platforms in addition to the Wii console, Bright Light Studios boss Harvey Elliott telling Videogamer at Shrine Week that nothing has been ruled out.
"I wouldn't rule anything out, never say never," Elliott offered.
"Why I think Boom Blox has really worked is that it captured the spirit of the Wii. It's about the motion control, it's about throwing a ball or throwing an object.
"I can't imagine that on other devices at the moment. There's something very physical about it. Right now I'm really proud that it's stayed focused on the Wii and I think it's the right thing. Who knows for the future."
While Elliott doesn't mention it, Sony and Microsoft are of course hard at work on some motion control technology of their own, which could of course provide the tactile control so key to this series. More soon.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave