Boom Blox could go multi-platform
EA puzzle hit Boom Blox could eventually make it to other platforms in addition to the Wii console, Bright Light Studios boss Harvey Elliott telling Videogamer at Shrine Week that nothing has been ruled out.
"I wouldn't rule anything out, never say never," Elliott offered.
"Why I think Boom Blox has really worked is that it captured the spirit of the Wii. It's about the motion control, it's about throwing a ball or throwing an object.
"I can't imagine that on other devices at the moment. There's something very physical about it. Right now I'm really proud that it's stayed focused on the Wii and I think it's the right thing. Who knows for the future."
While Elliott doesn't mention it, Sony and Microsoft are of course hard at work on some motion control technology of their own, which could of course provide the tactile control so key to this series. More soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3