MGS: Peacewalker up to MGS5 standard
Hideo Kojima has been talking up the PSP exclusive Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker in a Q&A released by Konami today.
"This game is an MGS5-class game. I am supervising, designing, producing, directing, and editing this title together with the MGS4 team," he said.
"The story can be replayed numerous times and the game is full of challenges to complete, so I feel that this title will really satisfy players with its long-lasting play time,
"Just as an example, do you recall the cardboard box at the end of the Peace Walker trailer? In addition to that two-man box, we are preparing a variety of other different cardboard boxes this time around."
We always welcome news of new cardboard boxes in MGS round these parts
Additionally, Snake can be given a custom loadout at the start of each mission, which will have an affect on how events pan out in the field.
"Being able to make decisions and plot a strategy will be one of the really enjoyable features of this title," Kojima-san stated. "We are also working on a 'growth feature' as well, where your character evolves. It will be a new type of system, so I hope everyone will look forward to it!"
Oh, but we are Mr. Kojima!
There are also rumours that Peacewalker will feature a multiplayer element.
Consider yourself up to speed.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like