MGS: Peacewalker up to MGS5 standard
Hideo Kojima has been talking up the PSP exclusive Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker in a Q&A released by Konami today.
"This game is an MGS5-class game. I am supervising, designing, producing, directing, and editing this title together with the MGS4 team," he said.
"The story can be replayed numerous times and the game is full of challenges to complete, so I feel that this title will really satisfy players with its long-lasting play time,
"Just as an example, do you recall the cardboard box at the end of the Peace Walker trailer? In addition to that two-man box, we are preparing a variety of other different cardboard boxes this time around."
We always welcome news of new cardboard boxes in MGS round these parts
Additionally, Snake can be given a custom loadout at the start of each mission, which will have an affect on how events pan out in the field.
"Being able to make decisions and plot a strategy will be one of the really enjoyable features of this title," Kojima-san stated. "We are also working on a 'growth feature' as well, where your character evolves. It will be a new type of system, so I hope everyone will look forward to it!"
Oh, but we are Mr. Kojima!
There are also rumours that Peacewalker will feature a multiplayer element.
Consider yourself up to speed.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny