PlayStation Eye can already do facial recognition
According to Sony, some of the same tech that powers Project Natal is already in their PlayStation Eye camera.
SCEE research and development bods at this year's Develop said that the camera is capable of detecting the "position and direction" of your head, the "gender and age of a face" and facial expressions such as smiles.
The peripheral can also recognise each part of the face, like eyes, nose and mouth, even detecting things like glasses and so on.
PlayStation Eye is to be used in conjunction with Sony's new motion controller as demonstrated at E3 and again during Brighton's Develop conference.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release