PlayStation Eye can already do facial recognition
According to Sony, some of the same tech that powers Project Natal is already in their PlayStation Eye camera.
SCEE research and development bods at this year's Develop said that the camera is capable of detecting the "position and direction" of your head, the "gender and age of a face" and facial expressions such as smiles.
The peripheral can also recognise each part of the face, like eyes, nose and mouth, even detecting things like glasses and so on.
PlayStation Eye is to be used in conjunction with Sony's new motion controller as demonstrated at E3 and again during Brighton's Develop conference.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015