PlayStation Eye can already do facial recognition
According to Sony, some of the same tech that powers Project Natal is already in their PlayStation Eye camera.
SCEE research and development bods at this year's Develop said that the camera is capable of detecting the "position and direction" of your head, the "gender and age of a face" and facial expressions such as smiles.
The peripheral can also recognise each part of the face, like eyes, nose and mouth, even detecting things like glasses and so on.
PlayStation Eye is to be used in conjunction with Sony's new motion controller as demonstrated at E3 and again during Brighton's Develop conference.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto