PlayStation Eye can already do facial recognition
According to Sony, some of the same tech that powers Project Natal is already in their PlayStation Eye camera.
SCEE research and development bods at this year's Develop said that the camera is capable of detecting the "position and direction" of your head, the "gender and age of a face" and facial expressions such as smiles.
The peripheral can also recognise each part of the face, like eyes, nose and mouth, even detecting things like glasses and so on.
PlayStation Eye is to be used in conjunction with Sony's new motion controller as demonstrated at E3 and again during Brighton's Develop conference.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light