Destiny beta was the largest console beta for a new IP ever
Destiny has already proven to be insanely popular and the new statistics on the beta player numbers announced by Activision have proven it.
Bungie's new epic sci-fi shooter managed to see 4,638,937 players between it launching on the PS4 and PS4 on July the 17th to when it closed on all platforms on July 28th. These numbers were aided by the beta becoming completely open to all across the PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 over last weekend.
Bungie's Pete Parsons stated, “We were totally blown away by the number of people who played the beta. We surpassed even our own goals and the feedback was invaluable. We cannot thank the community enough, the response was humbling and in the weeks ahead we’ll be working hard to ensure that Destiny lives up to the expectations at launch.”
Destiny is now on the final development straight and will launch on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September the 9th world wide (except in Japan where it is a PlayStation exclusive).
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO