Alien Breed Evolution hatches anew
Team17 have confirmed that they're rebooting their Alien Breed property with the subtitle 'Evolution', ressurecting the 18-year old Amiga game.
In the press release the game is described as a "retro-modern" remake that will use Unreal Engine 3.
Here's the PR bit for you to have a gander at:
Team17 returns to its roots with a stunning remake of Alien Breed.
Team17 are absolutely delighted to formally confirm the return of one of its most cherished properties in ALIEN BREED EVOLUTION.
The Unreal3 powered next-gen title, part of Team17's quality, independent digital line-up is a drop-dead gorgeous "retro-modern" remake of the game that helped Team17 burst onto the Amiga scene 18years ago.
Featuring an action packed, tense single player adventure and an absolute blast of a co-op game, Alien Breed Evolution helps raise the production bar on download-only titles and underlines Team17's re-energised momentum since deciding to become an independent publisher in the digital distribution era.
Sounds pretty good to us. Check out the screens on VG247 until Team17 release their planned update with more details and a trailer later in the summer. Platform confirmations should follow at some point in the near future too.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016