Alien Breed Evolution hatches anew
Team17 have confirmed that they're rebooting their Alien Breed property with the subtitle 'Evolution', ressurecting the 18-year old Amiga game.
In the press release the game is described as a "retro-modern" remake that will use Unreal Engine 3.
Here's the PR bit for you to have a gander at:
Team17 returns to its roots with a stunning remake of Alien Breed.
Team17 are absolutely delighted to formally confirm the return of one of its most cherished properties in ALIEN BREED EVOLUTION.
The Unreal3 powered next-gen title, part of Team17's quality, independent digital line-up is a drop-dead gorgeous "retro-modern" remake of the game that helped Team17 burst onto the Amiga scene 18years ago.
Featuring an action packed, tense single player adventure and an absolute blast of a co-op game, Alien Breed Evolution helps raise the production bar on download-only titles and underlines Team17's re-energised momentum since deciding to become an independent publisher in the digital distribution era.
Sounds pretty good to us. Check out the screens on VG247 until Team17 release their planned update with more details and a trailer later in the summer. Platform confirmations should follow at some point in the near future too.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent