Konami ditch pesky IDs online
According to word in from Gamekyo this afternoon, publisher Konami have moved to do away with their Konami ID system, the linchpin of online play.
Taking on feedback from fans, the publisher will instead move to integrate Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 fully with the respective online portions of the PS3 and Xbox 360.
There is hope that Metal Gear Online could eventually benefit from this good sense, as at present those playing the game are forced to sign in with their PSN or Xbox Live identification before using a separate Konami identity - which is beyond silly - we're reliably told.
With PES 10, Konami also reveal that Microsoft and Sony will now operate the servers behind the game, presumably as part of this ID move. More soon.
- Sleeping Dogs follow-up Triad Wars is a PC-only online title
- Latest Destiny patch dials back the difficulty levels in some missions
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op reveal dated for tomorrow
- Blizzard finally cans Titan
- The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4 in the UK
- Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies open beta is live now
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator