Konami ditch pesky IDs online
According to word in from Gamekyo this afternoon, publisher Konami have moved to do away with their Konami ID system, the linchpin of online play.
Taking on feedback from fans, the publisher will instead move to integrate Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 fully with the respective online portions of the PS3 and Xbox 360.
There is hope that Metal Gear Online could eventually benefit from this good sense, as at present those playing the game are forced to sign in with their PSN or Xbox Live identification before using a separate Konami identity - which is beyond silly - we're reliably told.
With PES 10, Konami also reveal that Microsoft and Sony will now operate the servers behind the game, presumably as part of this ID move. More soon.
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date