Konami ditch pesky IDs online
According to word in from Gamekyo this afternoon, publisher Konami have moved to do away with their Konami ID system, the linchpin of online play.
Taking on feedback from fans, the publisher will instead move to integrate Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 fully with the respective online portions of the PS3 and Xbox 360.
There is hope that Metal Gear Online could eventually benefit from this good sense, as at present those playing the game are forced to sign in with their PSN or Xbox Live identification before using a separate Konami identity - which is beyond silly - we're reliably told.
With PES 10, Konami also reveal that Microsoft and Sony will now operate the servers behind the game, presumably as part of this ID move. More soon.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey