Konami ditch pesky IDs online
According to word in from Gamekyo this afternoon, publisher Konami have moved to do away with their Konami ID system, the linchpin of online play.
Taking on feedback from fans, the publisher will instead move to integrate Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 fully with the respective online portions of the PS3 and Xbox 360.
There is hope that Metal Gear Online could eventually benefit from this good sense, as at present those playing the game are forced to sign in with their PSN or Xbox Live identification before using a separate Konami identity - which is beyond silly - we're reliably told.
With PES 10, Konami also reveal that Microsoft and Sony will now operate the servers behind the game, presumably as part of this ID move. More soon.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access