Konami ditch pesky IDs online
According to word in from Gamekyo this afternoon, publisher Konami have moved to do away with their Konami ID system, the linchpin of online play.
Taking on feedback from fans, the publisher will instead move to integrate Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 fully with the respective online portions of the PS3 and Xbox 360.
There is hope that Metal Gear Online could eventually benefit from this good sense, as at present those playing the game are forced to sign in with their PSN or Xbox Live identification before using a separate Konami identity - which is beyond silly - we're reliably told.
With PES 10, Konami also reveal that Microsoft and Sony will now operate the servers behind the game, presumably as part of this ID move. More soon.
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year
- CD Projekt RED addresses visual downgrade issues with The Witcher 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new trailer featuring the Nine Inch Nails
- This year's Need For Speed is bringing back the narrative
- No Bard's Tale IV on consoles, InXile not ruling it out though