Tecmo Koei worried by motion controllers
While many gaming firms are talking up the potential offered by new motion control technology for the Xbox 360 and the PS3, Tecmo Koei are a little worried that their biggest IPs such as Ninja Gaiden and Dynasty Warriors won't work well with the new controllers.
Speaking to CVG, Kenji Matsubara says he has some concerns about Natal, and the PS3 motion controller, because "we specialize in making action games, so we have to explore whether we can achieve real-time response from a controller-free system."
He does however see the potential for the casual market. "We understand that, for casual gamers playing dance games or some sort of fishing game, this controller-free system can be popular. But for hardcore gamers who like action games, we have to research and develop games that satisfy our core gamers."
More on all this as we get it.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey