Tecmo Koei worried by motion controllers
While many gaming firms are talking up the potential offered by new motion control technology for the Xbox 360 and the PS3, Tecmo Koei are a little worried that their biggest IPs such as Ninja Gaiden and Dynasty Warriors won't work well with the new controllers.
Speaking to CVG, Kenji Matsubara says he has some concerns about Natal, and the PS3 motion controller, because "we specialize in making action games, so we have to explore whether we can achieve real-time response from a controller-free system."
He does however see the potential for the casual market. "We understand that, for casual gamers playing dance games or some sort of fishing game, this controller-free system can be popular. But for hardcore gamers who like action games, we have to research and develop games that satisfy our core gamers."
More on all this as we get it.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny