Old Left 4 Dead content will work with sequel
Valve have assured this afternoon that all user-generated content created for the original version of Left 4 Dead will also work with Valve's eagerly awaited sequel for the game.
"For modders, everything they make in Left 4 Dead will work in Left 4 Dead 2," Chet Faliszek explained to Kikizo.
"It'll work better if they bring it into Left 4 Dead 2 and recompile it for Left 4 Dead 2, using some of the additions weve made, but it'll work out of the box as well. We just want to make sure that anyone who's making a mod now knows that their time's going to be well spent."
Valve have been assuring players of late that the arrival of Left 4 Dead 2 doesn't mean the end of the road for the original version of the game. This latest assertion is presumably part of this.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side