Old Left 4 Dead content will work with sequel
Valve have assured this afternoon that all user-generated content created for the original version of Left 4 Dead will also work with Valve's eagerly awaited sequel for the game.
"For modders, everything they make in Left 4 Dead will work in Left 4 Dead 2," Chet Faliszek explained to Kikizo.
"It'll work better if they bring it into Left 4 Dead 2 and recompile it for Left 4 Dead 2, using some of the additions weve made, but it'll work out of the box as well. We just want to make sure that anyone who's making a mod now knows that their time's going to be well spent."
Valve have been assuring players of late that the arrival of Left 4 Dead 2 doesn't mean the end of the road for the original version of the game. This latest assertion is presumably part of this.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced