Old Left 4 Dead content will work with sequel
Valve have assured this afternoon that all user-generated content created for the original version of Left 4 Dead will also work with Valve's eagerly awaited sequel for the game.
"For modders, everything they make in Left 4 Dead will work in Left 4 Dead 2," Chet Faliszek explained to Kikizo.
"It'll work better if they bring it into Left 4 Dead 2 and recompile it for Left 4 Dead 2, using some of the additions weve made, but it'll work out of the box as well. We just want to make sure that anyone who's making a mod now knows that their time's going to be well spent."
Valve have been assuring players of late that the arrival of Left 4 Dead 2 doesn't mean the end of the road for the original version of the game. This latest assertion is presumably part of this.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter