Old Left 4 Dead content will work with sequel
Valve have assured this afternoon that all user-generated content created for the original version of Left 4 Dead will also work with Valve's eagerly awaited sequel for the game.
"For modders, everything they make in Left 4 Dead will work in Left 4 Dead 2," Chet Faliszek explained to Kikizo.
"It'll work better if they bring it into Left 4 Dead 2 and recompile it for Left 4 Dead 2, using some of the additions weve made, but it'll work out of the box as well. We just want to make sure that anyone who's making a mod now knows that their time's going to be well spent."
Valve have been assuring players of late that the arrival of Left 4 Dead 2 doesn't mean the end of the road for the original version of the game. This latest assertion is presumably part of this.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny