Old Left 4 Dead content will work with sequel
Valve have assured this afternoon that all user-generated content created for the original version of Left 4 Dead will also work with Valve's eagerly awaited sequel for the game.
"For modders, everything they make in Left 4 Dead will work in Left 4 Dead 2," Chet Faliszek explained to Kikizo.
"It'll work better if they bring it into Left 4 Dead 2 and recompile it for Left 4 Dead 2, using some of the additions weve made, but it'll work out of the box as well. We just want to make sure that anyone who's making a mod now knows that their time's going to be well spent."
Valve have been assuring players of late that the arrival of Left 4 Dead 2 doesn't mean the end of the road for the original version of the game. This latest assertion is presumably part of this.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes