GTA V coming in 2011?
Speaking to GI.biz, Kaufman Bros analyst Todd Mitchell has revealed that he expects Rockstar to launch two new DLC episodes for GTA IV in 2010, before GTA V arrives in 2011.
The expert also sees a new GTA title being released for the PS2 in the year ahead.
"I would expect that there would be two more pieces of downloadable content for GTA IV, thats what has been indicated to me, although formats are unsure," Mitchell explained. "It's been indicated to me that would be the case.
"Coming out of E3 there was no commitment to a new Grand Theft Auto, and I think that's because of Rockstars track record with delivering on time."
The analyst admits he isn't sure about the new PS2 title - although he notes that PS2 and PSP releases have often been shared in the past, making Chinatown Wars a PS2 possibility.
Mitchell also notes that through games like Agent, BioShock 2 and Red Dead Redemption Take-Two are moving away from being all about GTA, becoming a "proper company", as he puts it. More soon.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release