GTA V coming in 2011?
Speaking to GI.biz, Kaufman Bros analyst Todd Mitchell has revealed that he expects Rockstar to launch two new DLC episodes for GTA IV in 2010, before GTA V arrives in 2011.
The expert also sees a new GTA title being released for the PS2 in the year ahead.
"I would expect that there would be two more pieces of downloadable content for GTA IV, thats what has been indicated to me, although formats are unsure," Mitchell explained. "It's been indicated to me that would be the case.
"Coming out of E3 there was no commitment to a new Grand Theft Auto, and I think that's because of Rockstars track record with delivering on time."
The analyst admits he isn't sure about the new PS2 title - although he notes that PS2 and PSP releases have often been shared in the past, making Chinatown Wars a PS2 possibility.
Mitchell also notes that through games like Agent, BioShock 2 and Red Dead Redemption Take-Two are moving away from being all about GTA, becoming a "proper company", as he puts it. More soon.
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation