GTA V coming in 2011?
Speaking to GI.biz, Kaufman Bros analyst Todd Mitchell has revealed that he expects Rockstar to launch two new DLC episodes for GTA IV in 2010, before GTA V arrives in 2011.
The expert also sees a new GTA title being released for the PS2 in the year ahead.
"I would expect that there would be two more pieces of downloadable content for GTA IV, thats what has been indicated to me, although formats are unsure," Mitchell explained. "It's been indicated to me that would be the case.
"Coming out of E3 there was no commitment to a new Grand Theft Auto, and I think that's because of Rockstars track record with delivering on time."
The analyst admits he isn't sure about the new PS2 title - although he notes that PS2 and PSP releases have often been shared in the past, making Chinatown Wars a PS2 possibility.
Mitchell also notes that through games like Agent, BioShock 2 and Red Dead Redemption Take-Two are moving away from being all about GTA, becoming a "proper company", as he puts it. More soon.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims