Doom III at E3 courtesy of Acti - got it?
id Software and Activision announced today that Activision will be the worldwide distributor for Doom III, the latest instalment of the massively popular series. Built on id's “revolutionary” new 3D graphics engine, Doom III promises to “draw players into the most frightening and gripping 3D gaming experience ever created”. Doom III is currently in development at id, and will debut at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo in Activision's booth #1224 in the South Hall. "Doom III will change what people expect to see and experience in a PC game," Todd Hollenshead said. "We couldn't be more psyched about Doom III, and are thrilled to debut the title at E3 with Activision. Get ready to be terrified." "We are excited to continue our successful and long-standing relationship with id," said Larry Goldberg, executive vice president, Activision Worldwide Studios. "I'm sure that id fans and action gamers alike share our anticipation for the latest incarnation of Doom, which was a phenomenon in PC gaming history. There is no doubt that Doom III will be at the top of every gamers most wanted list." First released in 1993, Doom became a phenomenon on the PC, and is widely recognized as the catalyst for the first-person action genre. Since its inception, the franchise has been one of the industry's best-selling series, with Doom III already the most hotly-anticipated first person action title currently in development. Now this is exciting news.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter