Doom III at E3 courtesy of Acti - got it?
id Software and Activision announced today that Activision will be the worldwide distributor for Doom III, the latest instalment of the massively popular series. Built on id's “revolutionary” new 3D graphics engine, Doom III promises to “draw players into the most frightening and gripping 3D gaming experience ever created”. Doom III is currently in development at id, and will debut at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo in Activision's booth #1224 in the South Hall. "Doom III will change what people expect to see and experience in a PC game," Todd Hollenshead said. "We couldn't be more psyched about Doom III, and are thrilled to debut the title at E3 with Activision. Get ready to be terrified." "We are excited to continue our successful and long-standing relationship with id," said Larry Goldberg, executive vice president, Activision Worldwide Studios. "I'm sure that id fans and action gamers alike share our anticipation for the latest incarnation of Doom, which was a phenomenon in PC gaming history. There is no doubt that Doom III will be at the top of every gamers most wanted list." First released in 1993, Doom became a phenomenon on the PC, and is widely recognized as the catalyst for the first-person action genre. Since its inception, the franchise has been one of the industry's best-selling series, with Doom III already the most hotly-anticipated first person action title currently in development. Now this is exciting news.
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent