Aliens RPG officially axed
We'd previously caught wind of Sega and Obsidian having pulled the plug on their Aliens role-playing game, and now the developer (still hard work on Alpha Protocol for Sega) confirm this to be true.
An official update on the game was offered on the developer's Aliens forums, although no specific reason has been offered. Fallout New Vegas is said to be coming from Obsidian, alongside Bethesda, so the team won't be getting bored.
"Rumors have circled around a bit regarding the fate of the Aliens role playing game that Obsidian and SEGA had been working on," read the statement.
"Unfortunately, it is true that we are no longer working on the game, and we wanted to finally announce that officially to everyone who has been following its development. We're going to keep this forum up for another week for archival purposes and to allow you guys to finish up any open threads, and then we will shut it down since it is no longer a product that is in development."
More on Aliens as we get it.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015