Aliens RPG officially axed
We'd previously caught wind of Sega and Obsidian having pulled the plug on their Aliens role-playing game, and now the developer (still hard work on Alpha Protocol for Sega) confirm this to be true.
An official update on the game was offered on the developer's Aliens forums, although no specific reason has been offered. Fallout New Vegas is said to be coming from Obsidian, alongside Bethesda, so the team won't be getting bored.
"Rumors have circled around a bit regarding the fate of the Aliens role playing game that Obsidian and SEGA had been working on," read the statement.
"Unfortunately, it is true that we are no longer working on the game, and we wanted to finally announce that officially to everyone who has been following its development. We're going to keep this forum up for another week for archival purposes and to allow you guys to finish up any open threads, and then we will shut it down since it is no longer a product that is in development."
More on Aliens as we get it.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer