Aliens RPG officially axed
We'd previously caught wind of Sega and Obsidian having pulled the plug on their Aliens role-playing game, and now the developer (still hard work on Alpha Protocol for Sega) confirm this to be true.
An official update on the game was offered on the developer's Aliens forums, although no specific reason has been offered. Fallout New Vegas is said to be coming from Obsidian, alongside Bethesda, so the team won't be getting bored.
"Rumors have circled around a bit regarding the fate of the Aliens role playing game that Obsidian and SEGA had been working on," read the statement.
"Unfortunately, it is true that we are no longer working on the game, and we wanted to finally announce that officially to everyone who has been following its development. We're going to keep this forum up for another week for archival purposes and to allow you guys to finish up any open threads, and then we will shut it down since it is no longer a product that is in development."
More on Aliens as we get it.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent