Aliens RPG officially axed
We'd previously caught wind of Sega and Obsidian having pulled the plug on their Aliens role-playing game, and now the developer (still hard work on Alpha Protocol for Sega) confirm this to be true.
An official update on the game was offered on the developer's Aliens forums, although no specific reason has been offered. Fallout New Vegas is said to be coming from Obsidian, alongside Bethesda, so the team won't be getting bored.
"Rumors have circled around a bit regarding the fate of the Aliens role playing game that Obsidian and SEGA had been working on," read the statement.
"Unfortunately, it is true that we are no longer working on the game, and we wanted to finally announce that officially to everyone who has been following its development. We're going to keep this forum up for another week for archival purposes and to allow you guys to finish up any open threads, and then we will shut it down since it is no longer a product that is in development."
More on Aliens as we get it.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes