Aliens RPG officially axed
We'd previously caught wind of Sega and Obsidian having pulled the plug on their Aliens role-playing game, and now the developer (still hard work on Alpha Protocol for Sega) confirm this to be true.
An official update on the game was offered on the developer's Aliens forums, although no specific reason has been offered. Fallout New Vegas is said to be coming from Obsidian, alongside Bethesda, so the team won't be getting bored.
"Rumors have circled around a bit regarding the fate of the Aliens role playing game that Obsidian and SEGA had been working on," read the statement.
"Unfortunately, it is true that we are no longer working on the game, and we wanted to finally announce that officially to everyone who has been following its development. We're going to keep this forum up for another week for archival purposes and to allow you guys to finish up any open threads, and then we will shut it down since it is no longer a product that is in development."
More on Aliens as we get it.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update