New Tomb Raider for 2010 debut?
Crystal Dynamics and Eidos are plotting something of a re-boot of the Tomb Raider series, from what we hear, and it emerges that the ninth in the long-running action-adventure series could arrive in 2010.
This latest speculation comes courtesy of Senior Programmer Chris Conway's Plaxo page, where the game maker lists Crystal Dynamics as a previous employer - noting that he "worked on AI & gameplay for an unannounced project and a Tomb Raider game scheduled for release in 2010 or later."
The next title has of course yet to be confirmed, but we're expecting Eidos to let the cat out of the bag sooner rather than later. A new movie for next year (or later) is also speculated.
Conway is now employed by Pandemic, where he works as a programmer on Saboteur.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3