New Tomb Raider for 2010 debut?
Crystal Dynamics and Eidos are plotting something of a re-boot of the Tomb Raider series, from what we hear, and it emerges that the ninth in the long-running action-adventure series could arrive in 2010.
This latest speculation comes courtesy of Senior Programmer Chris Conway's Plaxo page, where the game maker lists Crystal Dynamics as a previous employer - noting that he "worked on AI & gameplay for an unannounced project and a Tomb Raider game scheduled for release in 2010 or later."
The next title has of course yet to be confirmed, but we're expecting Eidos to let the cat out of the bag sooner rather than later. A new movie for next year (or later) is also speculated.
Conway is now employed by Pandemic, where he works as a programmer on Saboteur.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015