Mythic merged with BioWare as Jacobs departs
Mythic studio head Mark Jacobs has announced he is departing the Warhammer Online developer, with the MMO specialist being combined with BioWare in a new MMO division.
As part of this move, owners EA have created a brand new MMO and RPG division, which will be lead by BioWare chief Ray Muzyka. BioWare co-founder Greg Zeschuk will be the new division's creative officer.
"We thank Mark for his contributions at Mythic and wish him the very best going forward," read a statement from Mythic.
"Mark played a major part in the success of Mythic with his contribution as General Manager and Lead Designer of WAR."
We've no word on where Jacobs will end up next.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO