Mythic merged with BioWare as Jacobs departs
Mythic studio head Mark Jacobs has announced he is departing the Warhammer Online developer, with the MMO specialist being combined with BioWare in a new MMO division.
As part of this move, owners EA have created a brand new MMO and RPG division, which will be lead by BioWare chief Ray Muzyka. BioWare co-founder Greg Zeschuk will be the new division's creative officer.
"We thank Mark for his contributions at Mythic and wish him the very best going forward," read a statement from Mythic.
"Mark played a major part in the success of Mythic with his contribution as General Manager and Lead Designer of WAR."
We've no word on where Jacobs will end up next.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer