Mythic merged with BioWare as Jacobs departs
Mythic studio head Mark Jacobs has announced he is departing the Warhammer Online developer, with the MMO specialist being combined with BioWare in a new MMO division.
As part of this move, owners EA have created a brand new MMO and RPG division, which will be lead by BioWare chief Ray Muzyka. BioWare co-founder Greg Zeschuk will be the new division's creative officer.
"We thank Mark for his contributions at Mythic and wish him the very best going forward," read a statement from Mythic.
"Mark played a major part in the success of Mythic with his contribution as General Manager and Lead Designer of WAR."
We've no word on where Jacobs will end up next.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release