Mythic merged with BioWare as Jacobs departs
Mythic studio head Mark Jacobs has announced he is departing the Warhammer Online developer, with the MMO specialist being combined with BioWare in a new MMO division.
As part of this move, owners EA have created a brand new MMO and RPG division, which will be lead by BioWare chief Ray Muzyka. BioWare co-founder Greg Zeschuk will be the new division's creative officer.
"We thank Mark for his contributions at Mythic and wish him the very best going forward," read a statement from Mythic.
"Mark played a major part in the success of Mythic with his contribution as General Manager and Lead Designer of WAR."
We've no word on where Jacobs will end up next.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan