Twitter and Facebook for 360 'important' - Pachter
Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has told Gamasutra (thanks VG247) that the biggest news out of E3 wasn't Natal, PSP Go or Final Fantasy XIV. Rather, it was word that Facebook and Twitter are on the way to the Xbox 360.
Pachter believes the media missed the significance of this news, which he believes positions the Xbox 360 as a computer for the lounge - helping give Microsoft the edge over Apple.
"Microsoft appears to me to understand that it can leverage its 30 million installed base advantage if it moves quickly, and Apple will have a long way to go in order to catch up. By far, this was the most important announcement of E3," Pachter offers.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year