Twitter and Facebook for 360 'important' - Pachter
Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has told Gamasutra (thanks VG247) that the biggest news out of E3 wasn't Natal, PSP Go or Final Fantasy XIV. Rather, it was word that Facebook and Twitter are on the way to the Xbox 360.
Pachter believes the media missed the significance of this news, which he believes positions the Xbox 360 as a computer for the lounge - helping give Microsoft the edge over Apple.
"Microsoft appears to me to understand that it can leverage its 30 million installed base advantage if it moves quickly, and Apple will have a long way to go in order to catch up. By far, this was the most important announcement of E3," Pachter offers.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below