Twitter and Facebook for 360 'important' - Pachter
Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has told Gamasutra (thanks VG247) that the biggest news out of E3 wasn't Natal, PSP Go or Final Fantasy XIV. Rather, it was word that Facebook and Twitter are on the way to the Xbox 360.
Pachter believes the media missed the significance of this news, which he believes positions the Xbox 360 as a computer for the lounge - helping give Microsoft the edge over Apple.
"Microsoft appears to me to understand that it can leverage its 30 million installed base advantage if it moves quickly, and Apple will have a long way to go in order to catch up. By far, this was the most important announcement of E3," Pachter offers.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side