Big names ready for Gamescom
Gamescom 2009, seemingly this year's replacement for Leipzig's Games Convention, is shaping up rather well according to the organisers. 300 exhibitors from 25 nations have signed up, including several big names.
The likes of Activision Blizzard, Bigben, Capcom, dtp entertainment, Electronic Arts, Funcom, GOA, Hama, Koch Media, Konami, Microsoft, Namco Bandai, NcSoft, Nintendo, Rondomedia, Sega, Sony, Square Enix, Take-Two, Tivola, Ubisoft, and Warner Bros are all now scheduled to attend.
What can we expect? Well, we're dubious as to whether this show will match the glitz of E3, but we can look forward to new game announcements, previews, and plenty of competition between publishers and platform holders.
Gamescom 2009 will also be open to the public, so we're expecting some hefty crowds when things get underway on August 19th. We'll be on hand to bring you all the action from the show floor, of course.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat