Big names ready for Gamescom
Gamescom 2009, seemingly this year's replacement for Leipzig's Games Convention, is shaping up rather well according to the organisers. 300 exhibitors from 25 nations have signed up, including several big names.
The likes of Activision Blizzard, Bigben, Capcom, dtp entertainment, Electronic Arts, Funcom, GOA, Hama, Koch Media, Konami, Microsoft, Namco Bandai, NcSoft, Nintendo, Rondomedia, Sega, Sony, Square Enix, Take-Two, Tivola, Ubisoft, and Warner Bros are all now scheduled to attend.
What can we expect? Well, we're dubious as to whether this show will match the glitz of E3, but we can look forward to new game announcements, previews, and plenty of competition between publishers and platform holders.
Gamescom 2009 will also be open to the public, so we're expecting some hefty crowds when things get underway on August 19th. We'll be on hand to bring you all the action from the show floor, of course.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto