Big names ready for Gamescom
Gamescom 2009, seemingly this year's replacement for Leipzig's Games Convention, is shaping up rather well according to the organisers. 300 exhibitors from 25 nations have signed up, including several big names.
The likes of Activision Blizzard, Bigben, Capcom, dtp entertainment, Electronic Arts, Funcom, GOA, Hama, Koch Media, Konami, Microsoft, Namco Bandai, NcSoft, Nintendo, Rondomedia, Sega, Sony, Square Enix, Take-Two, Tivola, Ubisoft, and Warner Bros are all now scheduled to attend.
What can we expect? Well, we're dubious as to whether this show will match the glitz of E3, but we can look forward to new game announcements, previews, and plenty of competition between publishers and platform holders.
Gamescom 2009 will also be open to the public, so we're expecting some hefty crowds when things get underway on August 19th. We'll be on hand to bring you all the action from the show floor, of course.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey