Final Fantasy XIV beta this year?
A new job listing for Square Enix hints that the game maker could be plotting a beta test for Final Fantasy XIV that could take place as soon as this September, with a new staffer being hired with knowledge of Square's debut MMO, Final Fantasy XI.
Apparently, XIV has been in the works for a whopping five years, with the firm's new Games Master position set to be based in London, beginning this September. Speculation abound that this is also when a beta might commence.
The MMO is scheduled for release in 2010, so clearly the firm is going to have to start ramping up testing at some point, while we're still unclear as to whether this game is really a PS3 / PC exclusive as claimed by Sony over E3.
More on this idle gossip as we get it. Thanks Strategy Informer.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side