Final Fantasy XIV beta this year?
A new job listing for Square Enix hints that the game maker could be plotting a beta test for Final Fantasy XIV that could take place as soon as this September, with a new staffer being hired with knowledge of Square's debut MMO, Final Fantasy XI.
Apparently, XIV has been in the works for a whopping five years, with the firm's new Games Master position set to be based in London, beginning this September. Speculation abound that this is also when a beta might commence.
The MMO is scheduled for release in 2010, so clearly the firm is going to have to start ramping up testing at some point, while we're still unclear as to whether this game is really a PS3 / PC exclusive as claimed by Sony over E3.
More on this idle gossip as we get it. Thanks Strategy Informer.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims