Final Fantasy XIV beta this year?
A new job listing for Square Enix hints that the game maker could be plotting a beta test for Final Fantasy XIV that could take place as soon as this September, with a new staffer being hired with knowledge of Square's debut MMO, Final Fantasy XI.
Apparently, XIV has been in the works for a whopping five years, with the firm's new Games Master position set to be based in London, beginning this September. Speculation abound that this is also when a beta might commence.
The MMO is scheduled for release in 2010, so clearly the firm is going to have to start ramping up testing at some point, while we're still unclear as to whether this game is really a PS3 / PC exclusive as claimed by Sony over E3.
More on this idle gossip as we get it. Thanks Strategy Informer.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network