Final Fantasy XIV beta this year?
A new job listing for Square Enix hints that the game maker could be plotting a beta test for Final Fantasy XIV that could take place as soon as this September, with a new staffer being hired with knowledge of Square's debut MMO, Final Fantasy XI.
Apparently, XIV has been in the works for a whopping five years, with the firm's new Games Master position set to be based in London, beginning this September. Speculation abound that this is also when a beta might commence.
The MMO is scheduled for release in 2010, so clearly the firm is going to have to start ramping up testing at some point, while we're still unclear as to whether this game is really a PS3 / PC exclusive as claimed by Sony over E3.
More on this idle gossip as we get it. Thanks Strategy Informer.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO