Final Fantasy XIV beta this year?
A new job listing for Square Enix hints that the game maker could be plotting a beta test for Final Fantasy XIV that could take place as soon as this September, with a new staffer being hired with knowledge of Square's debut MMO, Final Fantasy XI.
Apparently, XIV has been in the works for a whopping five years, with the firm's new Games Master position set to be based in London, beginning this September. Speculation abound that this is also when a beta might commence.
The MMO is scheduled for release in 2010, so clearly the firm is going to have to start ramping up testing at some point, while we're still unclear as to whether this game is really a PS3 / PC exclusive as claimed by Sony over E3.
More on this idle gossip as we get it. Thanks Strategy Informer.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto