GTA: Chinatown Wars set for PSP
Rockstar's Chinatown Wars foray on the DS didn't really sell in the quantities the publisher might have hoped for, so it's just as well the portable GTA will be given another shot on the PSP.
The game will be released as a downloadable title for the PSP Go, and on standard UMD for the original PSP.
"We're proud to extend this truly unique handheld Grand Theft Auto experience to PSP and offer a downloadable version of Chinatown Wars for PSP Go!," beamed Rockstar founder Sam Houser.
"Rockstar Leeds has shown incredible talent in creating games that raise the bar in terms of depth and innovation on portables, and with Chinatown Wars we have a rich, fast-paced, and incredibly addictive entry into the series." Sony are also understandably pleased that this title is on the way, and will help spearhead the PSP Go, Sony Computer Entertainment America chief Jack Tretton offering: "Rockstar's work with the GTA series has been an enormous part of the success of PlayStation platforms.
"We're excited to welcome the critically acclaimed Chinatown Wars to the outstanding line-up of great games headed to the PSP platform this fall."
More on this as we get it.
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III coming this November, skipping last-gen release
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference