GTA: Chinatown Wars set for PSP
Rockstar's Chinatown Wars foray on the DS didn't really sell in the quantities the publisher might have hoped for, so it's just as well the portable GTA will be given another shot on the PSP.
The game will be released as a downloadable title for the PSP Go, and on standard UMD for the original PSP.
"We're proud to extend this truly unique handheld Grand Theft Auto experience to PSP and offer a downloadable version of Chinatown Wars for PSP Go!," beamed Rockstar founder Sam Houser.
"Rockstar Leeds has shown incredible talent in creating games that raise the bar in terms of depth and innovation on portables, and with Chinatown Wars we have a rich, fast-paced, and incredibly addictive entry into the series." Sony are also understandably pleased that this title is on the way, and will help spearhead the PSP Go, Sony Computer Entertainment America chief Jack Tretton offering: "Rockstar's work with the GTA series has been an enormous part of the success of PlayStation platforms.
"We're excited to welcome the critically acclaimed Chinatown Wars to the outstanding line-up of great games headed to the PSP platform this fall."
More on this as we get it.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today