GTA: Chinatown Wars set for PSP
Rockstar's Chinatown Wars foray on the DS didn't really sell in the quantities the publisher might have hoped for, so it's just as well the portable GTA will be given another shot on the PSP.
The game will be released as a downloadable title for the PSP Go, and on standard UMD for the original PSP.
"We're proud to extend this truly unique handheld Grand Theft Auto experience to PSP and offer a downloadable version of Chinatown Wars for PSP Go!," beamed Rockstar founder Sam Houser.
"Rockstar Leeds has shown incredible talent in creating games that raise the bar in terms of depth and innovation on portables, and with Chinatown Wars we have a rich, fast-paced, and incredibly addictive entry into the series." Sony are also understandably pleased that this title is on the way, and will help spearhead the PSP Go, Sony Computer Entertainment America chief Jack Tretton offering: "Rockstar's work with the GTA series has been an enormous part of the success of PlayStation platforms.
"We're excited to welcome the critically acclaimed Chinatown Wars to the outstanding line-up of great games headed to the PSP platform this fall."
More on this as we get it.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side