GTA: Chinatown Wars set for PSP
Rockstar's Chinatown Wars foray on the DS didn't really sell in the quantities the publisher might have hoped for, so it's just as well the portable GTA will be given another shot on the PSP.
The game will be released as a downloadable title for the PSP Go, and on standard UMD for the original PSP.
"We're proud to extend this truly unique handheld Grand Theft Auto experience to PSP and offer a downloadable version of Chinatown Wars for PSP Go!," beamed Rockstar founder Sam Houser.
"Rockstar Leeds has shown incredible talent in creating games that raise the bar in terms of depth and innovation on portables, and with Chinatown Wars we have a rich, fast-paced, and incredibly addictive entry into the series." Sony are also understandably pleased that this title is on the way, and will help spearhead the PSP Go, Sony Computer Entertainment America chief Jack Tretton offering: "Rockstar's work with the GTA series has been an enormous part of the success of PlayStation platforms.
"We're excited to welcome the critically acclaimed Chinatown Wars to the outstanding line-up of great games headed to the PSP platform this fall."
More on this as we get it.
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell