iPhone could get third-party peripherals
Third-party developed controllers and attachments for gaming could be on the way to Apple's iPhone and the iPod Touch, that's the word from the manufacturer this week.
Apparently, the new 3.0 firmware makes attachments more plausible, as does Bluetooth, with Apple already discussing the potential.
"Third-party Game Accessories: Connect fun new game accessories via the iPod touch 30-pin connector and Bluetooth," beam Apple on their official site; while Kotaku have already had word that new gizmos are on the way, and are "great for long trips".
More iPhone chit-chat as we get it.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto