iPhone could get third-party peripherals
Third-party developed controllers and attachments for gaming could be on the way to Apple's iPhone and the iPod Touch, that's the word from the manufacturer this week.
Apparently, the new 3.0 firmware makes attachments more plausible, as does Bluetooth, with Apple already discussing the potential.
"Third-party Game Accessories: Connect fun new game accessories via the iPod touch 30-pin connector and Bluetooth," beam Apple on their official site; while Kotaku have already had word that new gizmos are on the way, and are "great for long trips".
More iPhone chit-chat as we get it.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO