iPhone could get third-party peripherals
Third-party developed controllers and attachments for gaming could be on the way to Apple's iPhone and the iPod Touch, that's the word from the manufacturer this week.
Apparently, the new 3.0 firmware makes attachments more plausible, as does Bluetooth, with Apple already discussing the potential.
"Third-party Game Accessories: Connect fun new game accessories via the iPod touch 30-pin connector and Bluetooth," beam Apple on their official site; while Kotaku have already had word that new gizmos are on the way, and are "great for long trips".
More iPhone chit-chat as we get it.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet