Toby Gard in charge of Tomb Raider revival
Veteran game designer Toby Gard, the man credited with inventing Lara Croft back in the early days at Core Design, has been placed in charge of her revamp at Crystal Dynamics.
Gard has been involved with Tomb Raider for some time anyway, the designer having returned to Eidos after an ambitious but ultimately doomed foray in charge of his own start-up (remember Galleon?).
Now the Brit has been named lead designer on Crystal Dynamics' triple-A re-imagining of the franchise, which they have been hiring for over the last couple of months.
Eidos admitted post-Underworld that Lara was in need of a new image, and with Square Enix's millions now firmly behind the game it looks like we could be getting something of a series reboot.
Hopefully we'll learn more soon. Thanks VG247.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone