Toby Gard in charge of Tomb Raider revival
Veteran game designer Toby Gard, the man credited with inventing Lara Croft back in the early days at Core Design, has been placed in charge of her revamp at Crystal Dynamics.
Gard has been involved with Tomb Raider for some time anyway, the designer having returned to Eidos after an ambitious but ultimately doomed foray in charge of his own start-up (remember Galleon?).
Now the Brit has been named lead designer on Crystal Dynamics' triple-A re-imagining of the franchise, which they have been hiring for over the last couple of months.
Eidos admitted post-Underworld that Lara was in need of a new image, and with Square Enix's millions now firmly behind the game it looks like we could be getting something of a series reboot.
Hopefully we'll learn more soon. Thanks VG247.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update