Toby Gard in charge of Tomb Raider revival
Veteran game designer Toby Gard, the man credited with inventing Lara Croft back in the early days at Core Design, has been placed in charge of her revamp at Crystal Dynamics.
Gard has been involved with Tomb Raider for some time anyway, the designer having returned to Eidos after an ambitious but ultimately doomed foray in charge of his own start-up (remember Galleon?).
Now the Brit has been named lead designer on Crystal Dynamics' triple-A re-imagining of the franchise, which they have been hiring for over the last couple of months.
Eidos admitted post-Underworld that Lara was in need of a new image, and with Square Enix's millions now firmly behind the game it looks like we could be getting something of a series reboot.
Hopefully we'll learn more soon. Thanks VG247.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year