Toby Gard in charge of Tomb Raider revival
Veteran game designer Toby Gard, the man credited with inventing Lara Croft back in the early days at Core Design, has been placed in charge of her revamp at Crystal Dynamics.
Gard has been involved with Tomb Raider for some time anyway, the designer having returned to Eidos after an ambitious but ultimately doomed foray in charge of his own start-up (remember Galleon?).
Now the Brit has been named lead designer on Crystal Dynamics' triple-A re-imagining of the franchise, which they have been hiring for over the last couple of months.
Eidos admitted post-Underworld that Lara was in need of a new image, and with Square Enix's millions now firmly behind the game it looks like we could be getting something of a series reboot.
Hopefully we'll learn more soon. Thanks VG247.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015