Toby Gard in charge of Tomb Raider revival
Veteran game designer Toby Gard, the man credited with inventing Lara Croft back in the early days at Core Design, has been placed in charge of her revamp at Crystal Dynamics.
Gard has been involved with Tomb Raider for some time anyway, the designer having returned to Eidos after an ambitious but ultimately doomed foray in charge of his own start-up (remember Galleon?).
Now the Brit has been named lead designer on Crystal Dynamics' triple-A re-imagining of the franchise, which they have been hiring for over the last couple of months.
Eidos admitted post-Underworld that Lara was in need of a new image, and with Square Enix's millions now firmly behind the game it looks like we could be getting something of a series reboot.
Hopefully we'll learn more soon. Thanks VG247.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag