Take-Two need bigger BioShock sales
The first BioShock was a three-million selling hit, but that isn't enough for Take-Two boss Strauss Zelnick, who says that a game of BioShock's ilk should be selling five million copies.
Speaking to Venture Beat, the big cheese offered: "That would make the difference for us. If you have four or five titles that are significantly successful, that will meaningfully change our profitability."
"BioShock got a lot of attention. It's brand is huge. It won lots of awards. But it wasn't as huge as a seller. I'm hopeful that BioShock 2 will benefit from the brand awareness, where people will play it even if they didn't play the original."
Take-Two have so far managed 16 games with sales upwards of one-million copies we're told, the boss also shying away from discussing a prospective GTA MMO - which seems like a distant prospect.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey