Take-Two need bigger BioShock sales
The first BioShock was a three-million selling hit, but that isn't enough for Take-Two boss Strauss Zelnick, who says that a game of BioShock's ilk should be selling five million copies.
Speaking to Venture Beat, the big cheese offered: "That would make the difference for us. If you have four or five titles that are significantly successful, that will meaningfully change our profitability."
"BioShock got a lot of attention. It's brand is huge. It won lots of awards. But it wasn't as huge as a seller. I'm hopeful that BioShock 2 will benefit from the brand awareness, where people will play it even if they didn't play the original."
Take-Two have so far managed 16 games with sales upwards of one-million copies we're told, the boss also shying away from discussing a prospective GTA MMO - which seems like a distant prospect.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May