Take-Two need bigger BioShock sales
The first BioShock was a three-million selling hit, but that isn't enough for Take-Two boss Strauss Zelnick, who says that a game of BioShock's ilk should be selling five million copies.
Speaking to Venture Beat, the big cheese offered: "That would make the difference for us. If you have four or five titles that are significantly successful, that will meaningfully change our profitability."
"BioShock got a lot of attention. It's brand is huge. It won lots of awards. But it wasn't as huge as a seller. I'm hopeful that BioShock 2 will benefit from the brand awareness, where people will play it even if they didn't play the original."
Take-Two have so far managed 16 games with sales upwards of one-million copies we're told, the boss also shying away from discussing a prospective GTA MMO - which seems like a distant prospect.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3