Take-Two need bigger BioShock sales
The first BioShock was a three-million selling hit, but that isn't enough for Take-Two boss Strauss Zelnick, who says that a game of BioShock's ilk should be selling five million copies.
Speaking to Venture Beat, the big cheese offered: "That would make the difference for us. If you have four or five titles that are significantly successful, that will meaningfully change our profitability."
"BioShock got a lot of attention. It's brand is huge. It won lots of awards. But it wasn't as huge as a seller. I'm hopeful that BioShock 2 will benefit from the brand awareness, where people will play it even if they didn't play the original."
Take-Two have so far managed 16 games with sales upwards of one-million copies we're told, the boss also shying away from discussing a prospective GTA MMO - which seems like a distant prospect.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light