CoD: World at War smashes 11m mark
Activision Blizzard were (presumably) swimming in baths of molten gold this morning, the publishing giant confirming that Call of Duty: World at War has now passed 11 million sales across all formats.
The figure, which shows the Call of Duty series is still on the rise following the seminal Modern Warfare, was first released in November 2008.
"These outstanding feats would have never been possible without the continued dedication and support from all of the loyal Call of Duty fans. For that, we at Treyarch and Activision would like to extend our sincerest thank you," reads a blog post announcing the milestone.
Modern Warfare 2 will be released this Christmas. Ready the superlatives.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny