CoD: World at War smashes 11m mark
Activision Blizzard were (presumably) swimming in baths of molten gold this morning, the publishing giant confirming that Call of Duty: World at War has now passed 11 million sales across all formats.
The figure, which shows the Call of Duty series is still on the rise following the seminal Modern Warfare, was first released in November 2008.
"These outstanding feats would have never been possible without the continued dedication and support from all of the loyal Call of Duty fans. For that, we at Treyarch and Activision would like to extend our sincerest thank you," reads a blog post announcing the milestone.
Modern Warfare 2 will be released this Christmas. Ready the superlatives.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit