CoD: World at War smashes 11m mark
Activision Blizzard were (presumably) swimming in baths of molten gold this morning, the publishing giant confirming that Call of Duty: World at War has now passed 11 million sales across all formats.
The figure, which shows the Call of Duty series is still on the rise following the seminal Modern Warfare, was first released in November 2008.
"These outstanding feats would have never been possible without the continued dedication and support from all of the loyal Call of Duty fans. For that, we at Treyarch and Activision would like to extend our sincerest thank you," reads a blog post announcing the milestone.
Modern Warfare 2 will be released this Christmas. Ready the superlatives.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3