LAN gaming for the masses
UK company GameMore Limited today revealed a new business that aims to push LAN gaming to the masses; encouraging more than the usual hardcore fraternity to get involved. The first of the company's new LAN gaming events will be held in Coventry on the 29th and 30th of November. Those eager to participate can bring along their PC, Xbox or PS2 (with broadband adapter), to be hooked-up over a large network to play a number of multiplayer titles.
"By making things easier for gamers to attend a LAN event and reducing the technical knowledge required, we're bringing LAN gaming to a wider audience than previously existed. Well-organised events taking place in people's own towns saves them from having to travel across half the country to find a professional LAN gaming experience," commented GameMore's Technical Director, Matt Bellringer. "We will be offering gamers a chance to get more out of their equipment by using it in a way which brings them together with like-minded people. As an extra incentive, GameMore will be offering cash prizes in competitions at our events, as well as a £500 prize draw open to everyone who attends one of our events over the next few months."
Tickets can be booked through www.gamemore.co.uk, and the following venue/dates have also been confirmed: Leeds on the 6th and 7th, and Bournemouth on the 13th and 14th of December.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto