LAN gaming for the masses
UK company GameMore Limited today revealed a new business that aims to push LAN gaming to the masses; encouraging more than the usual hardcore fraternity to get involved. The first of the company's new LAN gaming events will be held in Coventry on the 29th and 30th of November. Those eager to participate can bring along their PC, Xbox or PS2 (with broadband adapter), to be hooked-up over a large network to play a number of multiplayer titles.
"By making things easier for gamers to attend a LAN event and reducing the technical knowledge required, we're bringing LAN gaming to a wider audience than previously existed. Well-organised events taking place in people's own towns saves them from having to travel across half the country to find a professional LAN gaming experience," commented GameMore's Technical Director, Matt Bellringer. "We will be offering gamers a chance to get more out of their equipment by using it in a way which brings them together with like-minded people. As an extra incentive, GameMore will be offering cash prizes in competitions at our events, as well as a £500 prize draw open to everyone who attends one of our events over the next few months."
Tickets can be booked through www.gamemore.co.uk, and the following venue/dates have also been confirmed: Leeds on the 6th and 7th, and Bournemouth on the 13th and 14th of December.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today