LAN gaming for the masses
UK company GameMore Limited today revealed a new business that aims to push LAN gaming to the masses; encouraging more than the usual hardcore fraternity to get involved. The first of the company's new LAN gaming events will be held in Coventry on the 29th and 30th of November. Those eager to participate can bring along their PC, Xbox or PS2 (with broadband adapter), to be hooked-up over a large network to play a number of multiplayer titles.
"By making things easier for gamers to attend a LAN event and reducing the technical knowledge required, we're bringing LAN gaming to a wider audience than previously existed. Well-organised events taking place in people's own towns saves them from having to travel across half the country to find a professional LAN gaming experience," commented GameMore's Technical Director, Matt Bellringer. "We will be offering gamers a chance to get more out of their equipment by using it in a way which brings them together with like-minded people. As an extra incentive, GameMore will be offering cash prizes in competitions at our events, as well as a £500 prize draw open to everyone who attends one of our events over the next few months."
Tickets can be booked through www.gamemore.co.uk, and the following venue/dates have also been confirmed: Leeds on the 6th and 7th, and Bournemouth on the 13th and 14th of December.
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free
- Sony gets all generous with Decembers PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow