Community Games becomes Indie Games at MS
Microsoft have decided this week to change the name of their Xbox Live Community Games platform - the development environment becoming Xbox Live Indie Games instead.
Gamasutra brings word of the change this week, and Microsoft state that the name should offer better "understanding and discoverability"; the platform holder reaching out to fledgling game makers.
The change will occur this July, and we'll bring you all the latest on Indie Games, through which Redmond hope to foster the next-generation of game makers and head off the challenge from Sony's PSN and the Wii's WiiWare.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014