Community Games becomes Indie Games at MS
Microsoft have decided this week to change the name of their Xbox Live Community Games platform - the development environment becoming Xbox Live Indie Games instead.
Gamasutra brings word of the change this week, and Microsoft state that the name should offer better "understanding and discoverability"; the platform holder reaching out to fledgling game makers.
The change will occur this July, and we'll bring you all the latest on Indie Games, through which Redmond hope to foster the next-generation of game makers and head off the challenge from Sony's PSN and the Wii's WiiWare.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone