Community Games becomes Indie Games at MS
Microsoft have decided this week to change the name of their Xbox Live Community Games platform - the development environment becoming Xbox Live Indie Games instead.
Gamasutra brings word of the change this week, and Microsoft state that the name should offer better "understanding and discoverability"; the platform holder reaching out to fledgling game makers.
The change will occur this July, and we'll bring you all the latest on Indie Games, through which Redmond hope to foster the next-generation of game makers and head off the challenge from Sony's PSN and the Wii's WiiWare.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release