Community Games becomes Indie Games at MS
Microsoft have decided this week to change the name of their Xbox Live Community Games platform - the development environment becoming Xbox Live Indie Games instead.
Gamasutra brings word of the change this week, and Microsoft state that the name should offer better "understanding and discoverability"; the platform holder reaching out to fledgling game makers.
The change will occur this July, and we'll bring you all the latest on Indie Games, through which Redmond hope to foster the next-generation of game makers and head off the challenge from Sony's PSN and the Wii's WiiWare.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year