Community Games becomes Indie Games at MS
Microsoft have decided this week to change the name of their Xbox Live Community Games platform - the development environment becoming Xbox Live Indie Games instead.
Gamasutra brings word of the change this week, and Microsoft state that the name should offer better "understanding and discoverability"; the platform holder reaching out to fledgling game makers.
The change will occur this July, and we'll bring you all the latest on Indie Games, through which Redmond hope to foster the next-generation of game makers and head off the challenge from Sony's PSN and the Wii's WiiWare.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title