Console Crysis a necessity
Chatting with Gamespot over E3, Crytek boss Cevat Yerli has said a console version of the hit FPS series became inevitable, not only because of the financials of the matter, but also because of mainstream demand.
"It's a question of more than economics," the big cheese explained.
"At the end of the day we're paying salaries and we all have to live, but that's one side of this job. But most importantly and a bit more tangible to us are the families, the nephews, and sons who ask, 'Why aren't you going to consoles?' It's kind of like bothering people. We've been asked a lot in the last three or four years now, 'When consoles? When consoles? When consoles?'
"It was literally inevitable that we would bring it."
Crysis 2 for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 was confirmed by Yerli during EA's E3 briefing.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3