Console Crysis a necessity
Chatting with Gamespot over E3, Crytek boss Cevat Yerli has said a console version of the hit FPS series became inevitable, not only because of the financials of the matter, but also because of mainstream demand.
"It's a question of more than economics," the big cheese explained.
"At the end of the day we're paying salaries and we all have to live, but that's one side of this job. But most importantly and a bit more tangible to us are the families, the nephews, and sons who ask, 'Why aren't you going to consoles?' It's kind of like bothering people. We've been asked a lot in the last three or four years now, 'When consoles? When consoles? When consoles?'
"It was literally inevitable that we would bring it."
Crysis 2 for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 was confirmed by Yerli during EA's E3 briefing.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015