Newell assures over Left 4 Dead support
The announcement of Left 4 Dead 2 during Microsoft's pre-E3 conference was taken a coup for the Xbox 360, but some members of the game's community disagree; worried as they are that this will mean the end of continuing support for the original game.
Speaking in the wake of a petition against Valve this week, boss man Gabe Newell has said that new content will continue to be released for the seminal survival-horror title.
"From a customer's perspective, we think that given the sort of insane popularity of Left 4 Dead, that people are going to be super excited about getting a sequel to that," Newell told G4.
"We're going to continue to do Left 4 Dead updates and release more content for Left 4 Dead, and then also have Left 4 Dead 2 coming out as well."
20,000 people have so far signed the petition against the sequel, so Valve are clearly keen to head-off this stir.
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too
- Deep Down to be a no-show at this year's Tokyo Games Show
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime