Nintendo experimented with camera controller
Natal may be garnering all the plaudits post-E3, but Nintendo tell us they have already experimented with a camera-based motion control system, according to big boss Satoru Iwata.
Having played with technology similar to Natal's, Nintendo apparently opted to go with the Wiimote 'wand' approach instead.
The Wiimote is of course based on accelerometer, rather than camera, technology - and Iwata is keen to see what Sony and Microsoft can pull off with the other approach.
"Until they say when they're releasing it, how much it costs and what software it comes with, we won't know whether that is the route we should have taken," Iwata-san concludes.
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow
- Fan remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa arrives on Steam Early Access
- Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft devs Mojang was motivated by Hololens
- id Software wanted to pay modders for their work back in 1995 says John Romero
- Jason Voorhees arrives as DLC for Mortal Kombat X and he's all about the machete
- Project CARS finally pulls up to the starting grid
- Shadow Of Mordor: Game Of The Year Edition hits retail this week
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood arrives today
- Bungie and CCP run their own campaigns to aid the earthquake survivors of Nepal