Nintendo experimented with camera controller
Natal may be garnering all the plaudits post-E3, but Nintendo tell us they have already experimented with a camera-based motion control system, according to big boss Satoru Iwata.
Having played with technology similar to Natal's, Nintendo apparently opted to go with the Wiimote 'wand' approach instead.
The Wiimote is of course based on accelerometer, rather than camera, technology - and Iwata is keen to see what Sony and Microsoft can pull off with the other approach.
"Until they say when they're releasing it, how much it costs and what software it comes with, we won't know whether that is the route we should have taken," Iwata-san concludes.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter