Nintendo experimented with camera controller
Natal may be garnering all the plaudits post-E3, but Nintendo tell us they have already experimented with a camera-based motion control system, according to big boss Satoru Iwata.
Having played with technology similar to Natal's, Nintendo apparently opted to go with the Wiimote 'wand' approach instead.
The Wiimote is of course based on accelerometer, rather than camera, technology - and Iwata is keen to see what Sony and Microsoft can pull off with the other approach.
"Until they say when they're releasing it, how much it costs and what software it comes with, we won't know whether that is the route we should have taken," Iwata-san concludes.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date