Nintendo experimented with camera controller
Natal may be garnering all the plaudits post-E3, but Nintendo tell us they have already experimented with a camera-based motion control system, according to big boss Satoru Iwata.
Having played with technology similar to Natal's, Nintendo apparently opted to go with the Wiimote 'wand' approach instead.
The Wiimote is of course based on accelerometer, rather than camera, technology - and Iwata is keen to see what Sony and Microsoft can pull off with the other approach.
"Until they say when they're releasing it, how much it costs and what software it comes with, we won't know whether that is the route we should have taken," Iwata-san concludes.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light