Nintendo experimented with camera controller
Natal may be garnering all the plaudits post-E3, but Nintendo tell us they have already experimented with a camera-based motion control system, according to big boss Satoru Iwata.
Having played with technology similar to Natal's, Nintendo apparently opted to go with the Wiimote 'wand' approach instead.
The Wiimote is of course based on accelerometer, rather than camera, technology - and Iwata is keen to see what Sony and Microsoft can pull off with the other approach.
"Until they say when they're releasing it, how much it costs and what software it comes with, we won't know whether that is the route we should have taken," Iwata-san concludes.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny