Trilogy plans for Dante's Inferno
Speaking with UK blog VG247, EA Visceral's Glen Schofield has noted that the Divine Comedy text which inspires Dante's Inferno is a trilogy - hinting that this makes a further two releases plausible.
Talking ahead of E3, the executive noted that Paradiso and Purgatory follow Inferno in the original tale - and it seems likely these experiences could follow EA's initial release.
"There's at least room for two more [games] after that," Schofield admitted, "and that could take you quite a long time."
A trilogy would of course allow EA to take on Sony's God of War at their own game as well, although the developer remain focussed on the present tale for now. "We focus, focus, focus on this one, knowing that there are opportunities to make others, but nobody's thinking about them right now."
Dante's Inferno will be released in 2010.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III