Trilogy plans for Dante's Inferno
Speaking with UK blog VG247, EA Visceral's Glen Schofield has noted that the Divine Comedy text which inspires Dante's Inferno is a trilogy - hinting that this makes a further two releases plausible.
Talking ahead of E3, the executive noted that Paradiso and Purgatory follow Inferno in the original tale - and it seems likely these experiences could follow EA's initial release.
"There's at least room for two more [games] after that," Schofield admitted, "and that could take you quite a long time."
A trilogy would of course allow EA to take on Sony's God of War at their own game as well, although the developer remain focussed on the present tale for now. "We focus, focus, focus on this one, knowing that there are opportunities to make others, but nobody's thinking about them right now."
Dante's Inferno will be released in 2010.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan