Trilogy plans for Dante's Inferno
Speaking with UK blog VG247, EA Visceral's Glen Schofield has noted that the Divine Comedy text which inspires Dante's Inferno is a trilogy - hinting that this makes a further two releases plausible.
Talking ahead of E3, the executive noted that Paradiso and Purgatory follow Inferno in the original tale - and it seems likely these experiences could follow EA's initial release.
"There's at least room for two more [games] after that," Schofield admitted, "and that could take you quite a long time."
A trilogy would of course allow EA to take on Sony's God of War at their own game as well, although the developer remain focussed on the present tale for now. "We focus, focus, focus on this one, knowing that there are opportunities to make others, but nobody's thinking about them right now."
Dante's Inferno will be released in 2010.
- Fallout 4 confirmed, will be shown off at E3
- Valve introduces a new refund policy for Steam
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PC via Steam
- Dark Souls 3 could be revealed at E3
- This is not a hoax: Official Fallout 4 teaser site appears
- Windows 10 will launch at the end of next month
- The new King's Quest trailer looks at the making of the game's music
- Microsoft teases the world premiere of Rise Of The Tomb Raider's gameplay at E3 this month
- XCOM 2 coming to PC this November