Destiny beta is now open to all!
Bungie has announced that they have thrown open the Destiny beta for all to play.
There are a few restrictions on who can play it. PlayStation gamers will need a PS Plus subscription, especially the PS4 gamers who need it to participate in the Crucible PvP. Xbox One and 360 gamers will need to be fully subscribed to Xbox Live Gold (no trial vouchers are supported). Also, due to the hard disc space required the Destiny beta will not work on any Xbox 360 without a hard drive (that's the Core, Arcade and 4GB machines) or the PS3 12GB system.
Bungie wrote on their official blog, “The Beta has been eye-opening so far. We’ve watched the world of Destiny come to life. Guardians from every platform have arrived at the Tower from their battles in the wild. We have watched your adventures with great interest, and listened to your feedback. Your missions have provided us with volumes of discoveries we can use to prepare for the launch of Destiny in September.”
”Our work is not done,” they added. “There is more we can learn. To make this happen, we need more Guardians to play. This is, above all else, a test.”
If you can't get in on the beta our editor will be streaming some gameplay on Sunday over on his personal Twitch channel.
Destiny will will be released on September the 9th on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3