EA Sports to deliver fighting games yearly
One of EA's biggest announcements of E3 was the unveiling of a brand new sports franchise, MMA, the new martial arts franchise set to kick off in 2010. According to boss Peter Moore this will be a bi-annual series, rotating with Fight Night to give us a new fighting game every year.
Fight Night Round 4 will duly launch later this month, with Mixed Martial Arts stepping into the fore next year while Fight Night takes a rest.
"It gives us a rhythm of a fighting game every year," Moore told Kotaku. "That's the plan. If you think of 2010, we're bringing MMA. In 2011, Fight Night Round 5."
He quickly added: "That's not an announcement," inevitably.
While UFC is of course the biggest name in the MMA category, Moore isn't flustered that THQ own the specific license for this. "I think there's room for a contender. Clearly, we're a contender in the first year. Our job is to make the sport even more interesting by bringing EA Sports authenticity to it. And we're in this for the long haul."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny