2K teases something on the BioShock front
2K Games has slipped a small teaser for the BioShock series by way of a piece of artwork.
The publisher released an image of an advert for Eve's Garden in Rapture via their UK Twitter account saying, "Oooo, what COULD this mean?!"
While the studio that created the series, Irrational Games, is now gone COE of 2K's parent Take-Two revealed earlier this year that stewardship of the series would pass to resurrected BioShock 2 developer 2K Marin.
What the teaser means is unclear. It's unlikely to be the PS Vita BioShock game that Ken Levine announced at E3 2011 as Levine recently stated on Twitter that it was well and truly dead in the water. Story DLC is also unlikely because BioShock Infinite's Burial At Sea ties up the stories of the the first three games rather neatly with very few loose ends.
What it probably means is a new BioShock game although it's pretty early to be talking of such a thing as it's less than 18 months since BioShock Infinite was released. The other possibility is an HD remake of one or all three of the games in the series for PS4 and Xbox One. Now that would be amazingly cool.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto