2K teases something on the BioShock front
2K Games has slipped a small teaser for the BioShock series by way of a piece of artwork.
The publisher released an image of an advert for Eve's Garden in Rapture via their UK Twitter account saying, "Oooo, what COULD this mean?!"
While the studio that created the series, Irrational Games, is now gone COE of 2K's parent Take-Two revealed earlier this year that stewardship of the series would pass to resurrected BioShock 2 developer 2K Marin.
What the teaser means is unclear. It's unlikely to be the PS Vita BioShock game that Ken Levine announced at E3 2011 as Levine recently stated on Twitter that it was well and truly dead in the water. Story DLC is also unlikely because BioShock Infinite's Burial At Sea ties up the stories of the the first three games rather neatly with very few loose ends.
What it probably means is a new BioShock game although it's pretty early to be talking of such a thing as it's less than 18 months since BioShock Infinite was released. The other possibility is an HD remake of one or all three of the games in the series for PS4 and Xbox One. Now that would be amazingly cool.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny