Original Sonic hits iPhone
Sega's seminal original Sonic the Hedgehog game is now available for the iPod Touch and the iPhone, the publisher having released a new version of their classic platformer on Apple's App Store.
Seven retrograde zones are on offer in this new-old version of Sonic, including old school favourites such as Green Hill and Labyrinth. A range of special stages will also be offered up for the Blue One to enjoy.
Arcade and full-screen gameplay modes are included, and the game will cost 4.99 USD in the States, or 3.49 GBP in the UK.
With the iPhone growing ever more popular and a number of releases also having hit the big time through App Store debuts, we expect to see a number of major IPs heading to the format in the coming months.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3