Original Sonic hits iPhone
Sega's seminal original Sonic the Hedgehog game is now available for the iPod Touch and the iPhone, the publisher having released a new version of their classic platformer on Apple's App Store.
Seven retrograde zones are on offer in this new-old version of Sonic, including old school favourites such as Green Hill and Labyrinth. A range of special stages will also be offered up for the Blue One to enjoy.
Arcade and full-screen gameplay modes are included, and the game will cost 4.99 USD in the States, or 3.49 GBP in the UK.
With the iPhone growing ever more popular and a number of releases also having hit the big time through App Store debuts, we expect to see a number of major IPs heading to the format in the coming months.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching