Original Sonic hits iPhone
Sega's seminal original Sonic the Hedgehog game is now available for the iPod Touch and the iPhone, the publisher having released a new version of their classic platformer on Apple's App Store.
Seven retrograde zones are on offer in this new-old version of Sonic, including old school favourites such as Green Hill and Labyrinth. A range of special stages will also be offered up for the Blue One to enjoy.
Arcade and full-screen gameplay modes are included, and the game will cost 4.99 USD in the States, or 3.49 GBP in the UK.
With the iPhone growing ever more popular and a number of releases also having hit the big time through App Store debuts, we expect to see a number of major IPs heading to the format in the coming months.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year