Original Sonic hits iPhone
Sega's seminal original Sonic the Hedgehog game is now available for the iPod Touch and the iPhone, the publisher having released a new version of their classic platformer on Apple's App Store.
Seven retrograde zones are on offer in this new-old version of Sonic, including old school favourites such as Green Hill and Labyrinth. A range of special stages will also be offered up for the Blue One to enjoy.
Arcade and full-screen gameplay modes are included, and the game will cost 4.99 USD in the States, or 3.49 GBP in the UK.
With the iPhone growing ever more popular and a number of releases also having hit the big time through App Store debuts, we expect to see a number of major IPs heading to the format in the coming months.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter