Original Sonic hits iPhone
Sega's seminal original Sonic the Hedgehog game is now available for the iPod Touch and the iPhone, the publisher having released a new version of their classic platformer on Apple's App Store.
Seven retrograde zones are on offer in this new-old version of Sonic, including old school favourites such as Green Hill and Labyrinth. A range of special stages will also be offered up for the Blue One to enjoy.
Arcade and full-screen gameplay modes are included, and the game will cost 4.99 USD in the States, or 3.49 GBP in the UK.
With the iPhone growing ever more popular and a number of releases also having hit the big time through App Store debuts, we expect to see a number of major IPs heading to the format in the coming months.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto