Champions Online delayed by Cryptic
Cryptic have delayed the release of their new MMO Champions Online, stating that the game simply needs a little more time in the oven. The game was due on July 14th, but will now arrive on September 1st.
The extra two and half months development time will be used to further polish the title, getting Cryptic's long awaited return ready for the rigours of the ultra-competiive MMO genre.
"It is critically important for an MMO to be as good as it possibly can be at launch," explains Bill Roper on the game's official site.
"Through our constant dialogue with our vocal and supportive community of beta testers, we quickly realized that in order to implement certain features that we all considered important the development of Champions Online would require more time. So that's what we're going to give it.
"Cryptic has a proven track record of releasing solid games and we want to maintain that with Champions Online."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer