Champions Online delayed by Cryptic
Cryptic have delayed the release of their new MMO Champions Online, stating that the game simply needs a little more time in the oven. The game was due on July 14th, but will now arrive on September 1st.
The extra two and half months development time will be used to further polish the title, getting Cryptic's long awaited return ready for the rigours of the ultra-competiive MMO genre.
"It is critically important for an MMO to be as good as it possibly can be at launch," explains Bill Roper on the game's official site.
"Through our constant dialogue with our vocal and supportive community of beta testers, we quickly realized that in order to implement certain features that we all considered important the development of Champions Online would require more time. So that's what we're going to give it.
"Cryptic has a proven track record of releasing solid games and we want to maintain that with Champions Online."
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree