Champions Online delayed by Cryptic
Cryptic have delayed the release of their new MMO Champions Online, stating that the game simply needs a little more time in the oven. The game was due on July 14th, but will now arrive on September 1st.
The extra two and half months development time will be used to further polish the title, getting Cryptic's long awaited return ready for the rigours of the ultra-competiive MMO genre.
"It is critically important for an MMO to be as good as it possibly can be at launch," explains Bill Roper on the game's official site.
"Through our constant dialogue with our vocal and supportive community of beta testers, we quickly realized that in order to implement certain features that we all considered important the development of Champions Online would require more time. So that's what we're going to give it.
"Cryptic has a proven track record of releasing solid games and we want to maintain that with Champions Online."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3