GoldenEye designer hopes to see title on VC
Martin Hollis, one of the original designer's of Rare classic GoldenEye on the N64, has said that he would love to see the seminal FPS return on Nintendo's Virtual Console channel for the Wii.
Chatting with the Official Nintendo Magazine, Hollis said that legal issues make a port very unlikely, making a VC release nigh-on impossible. Likewise, it is believe Microsoft has explored - and failed - to get a re-release of the game out on the Xbox Live Arcade in recent year.
"There's always someone with some exclusivity agreement, so there's lots of lawyers. I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd love it to happen, but I can't see it."
Nintendo is previously believed to have prevented the GoldenEye's launch on the Xbox Live Arcade.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title