GoldenEye designer hopes to see title on VC
Martin Hollis, one of the original designer's of Rare classic GoldenEye on the N64, has said that he would love to see the seminal FPS return on Nintendo's Virtual Console channel for the Wii.
Chatting with the Official Nintendo Magazine, Hollis said that legal issues make a port very unlikely, making a VC release nigh-on impossible. Likewise, it is believe Microsoft has explored - and failed - to get a re-release of the game out on the Xbox Live Arcade in recent year.
"There's always someone with some exclusivity agreement, so there's lots of lawyers. I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd love it to happen, but I can't see it."
Nintendo is previously believed to have prevented the GoldenEye's launch on the Xbox Live Arcade.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year