GoldenEye designer hopes to see title on VC
Martin Hollis, one of the original designer's of Rare classic GoldenEye on the N64, has said that he would love to see the seminal FPS return on Nintendo's Virtual Console channel for the Wii.
Chatting with the Official Nintendo Magazine, Hollis said that legal issues make a port very unlikely, making a VC release nigh-on impossible. Likewise, it is believe Microsoft has explored - and failed - to get a re-release of the game out on the Xbox Live Arcade in recent year.
"There's always someone with some exclusivity agreement, so there's lots of lawyers. I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd love it to happen, but I can't see it."
Nintendo is previously believed to have prevented the GoldenEye's launch on the Xbox Live Arcade.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto