GoldenEye designer hopes to see title on VC
Martin Hollis, one of the original designer's of Rare classic GoldenEye on the N64, has said that he would love to see the seminal FPS return on Nintendo's Virtual Console channel for the Wii.
Chatting with the Official Nintendo Magazine, Hollis said that legal issues make a port very unlikely, making a VC release nigh-on impossible. Likewise, it is believe Microsoft has explored - and failed - to get a re-release of the game out on the Xbox Live Arcade in recent year.
"There's always someone with some exclusivity agreement, so there's lots of lawyers. I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd love it to happen, but I can't see it."
Nintendo is previously believed to have prevented the GoldenEye's launch on the Xbox Live Arcade.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release