New studio rises from Ensemble flames
Another new game maker - called NewToy - has been forged from the ashes of Ensemble, which was closed by Microsoft having completed work on Halo Wars. The fourth studio to emerge from the collapsed developer have already unveiled their new title, too.
NewToy's debut will be called World War Robot, and it'll be created alongside comic book man Ashley Wood.
Wood isn't new to video gaming, in fact he's something of a veteran, and this will be part of NewToy's fresh approach - partnering with independent third-parties of Wood's ilk to create new experiences.
Wood has already penned a paperback called World War Robot, and the game is to be based on this, although it is unclear exactly what kind of game we can expect. More details soon, hopefully.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3