SOCOM II breaks record
Sony is today singing from the rooftops the early figures regarding online action shooter SOCOM II, which has already broken records within 48hours of its launch. Apparently, 22,000 gamers were logged-on and engaging in warfare simultaneously, making SOCOM the second the USA's most popular online console game. That's sure to please Microsoft. Not.
The sequel beat the original SOCOM's previous record by some margin, though it has to be noted that online console gaming is still dwindling behind vastly more popular online PC games such as Counter-Strike - even so, this is a step in the right direction for consoles online, and also takes advantage of the PS2's hard-drive, with new content for the game promised for the peripheral's launch early next year.
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives