SOCOM II breaks record
Sony is today singing from the rooftops the early figures regarding online action shooter SOCOM II, which has already broken records within 48hours of its launch. Apparently, 22,000 gamers were logged-on and engaging in warfare simultaneously, making SOCOM the second the USA's most popular online console game. That's sure to please Microsoft. Not.
The sequel beat the original SOCOM's previous record by some margin, though it has to be noted that online console gaming is still dwindling behind vastly more popular online PC games such as Counter-Strike - even so, this is a step in the right direction for consoles online, and also takes advantage of the PS2's hard-drive, with new content for the game promised for the peripheral's launch early next year.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May