SOCOM II breaks record
Sony is today singing from the rooftops the early figures regarding online action shooter SOCOM II, which has already broken records within 48hours of its launch. Apparently, 22,000 gamers were logged-on and engaging in warfare simultaneously, making SOCOM the second the USA's most popular online console game. That's sure to please Microsoft. Not.
The sequel beat the original SOCOM's previous record by some margin, though it has to be noted that online console gaming is still dwindling behind vastly more popular online PC games such as Counter-Strike - even so, this is a step in the right direction for consoles online, and also takes advantage of the PS2's hard-drive, with new content for the game promised for the peripheral's launch early next year.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users