SOCOM II breaks record
Sony is today singing from the rooftops the early figures regarding online action shooter SOCOM II, which has already broken records within 48hours of its launch. Apparently, 22,000 gamers were logged-on and engaging in warfare simultaneously, making SOCOM the second the USA's most popular online console game. That's sure to please Microsoft. Not.
The sequel beat the original SOCOM's previous record by some margin, though it has to be noted that online console gaming is still dwindling behind vastly more popular online PC games such as Counter-Strike - even so, this is a step in the right direction for consoles online, and also takes advantage of the PS2's hard-drive, with new content for the game promised for the peripheral's launch early next year.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny