SOCOM II breaks record
Sony is today singing from the rooftops the early figures regarding online action shooter SOCOM II, which has already broken records within 48hours of its launch. Apparently, 22,000 gamers were logged-on and engaging in warfare simultaneously, making SOCOM the second the USA's most popular online console game. That's sure to please Microsoft. Not.
The sequel beat the original SOCOM's previous record by some margin, though it has to be noted that online console gaming is still dwindling behind vastly more popular online PC games such as Counter-Strike - even so, this is a step in the right direction for consoles online, and also takes advantage of the PS2's hard-drive, with new content for the game promised for the peripheral's launch early next year.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update