Real money trading in Champions Online test
A closed beta is presently underway for Cryptic's new MMO, Champions Online, the game maker confirming that they are also testing a real money trading system.
Testers have been trying to use RMT in the Champions Store included in the test, although the feature is presently disabled, attempted transactions producing error messages.
Cryptic admit they are considering in-game transactions using real money, but they have yet to decide whether to implement full RMT in the finished game.
CCO Jack Emmert has previously expressed distain for the role of real money in online worlds, but a U-turn could be on the cards, micro-transactions described as "a necessary component of the greater Cryptic platform since we plan on working on a number of different titles using our technology platform."
The new MMO is out in July.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer