Real money trading in Champions Online test
A closed beta is presently underway for Cryptic's new MMO, Champions Online, the game maker confirming that they are also testing a real money trading system.
Testers have been trying to use RMT in the Champions Store included in the test, although the feature is presently disabled, attempted transactions producing error messages.
Cryptic admit they are considering in-game transactions using real money, but they have yet to decide whether to implement full RMT in the finished game.
CCO Jack Emmert has previously expressed distain for the role of real money in online worlds, but a U-turn could be on the cards, micro-transactions described as "a necessary component of the greater Cryptic platform since we plan on working on a number of different titles using our technology platform."
The new MMO is out in July.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year