Real money trading in Champions Online test
A closed beta is presently underway for Cryptic's new MMO, Champions Online, the game maker confirming that they are also testing a real money trading system.
Testers have been trying to use RMT in the Champions Store included in the test, although the feature is presently disabled, attempted transactions producing error messages.
Cryptic admit they are considering in-game transactions using real money, but they have yet to decide whether to implement full RMT in the finished game.
CCO Jack Emmert has previously expressed distain for the role of real money in online worlds, but a U-turn could be on the cards, micro-transactions described as "a necessary component of the greater Cryptic platform since we plan on working on a number of different titles using our technology platform."
The new MMO is out in July.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week