Real money trading in Champions Online test
A closed beta is presently underway for Cryptic's new MMO, Champions Online, the game maker confirming that they are also testing a real money trading system.
Testers have been trying to use RMT in the Champions Store included in the test, although the feature is presently disabled, attempted transactions producing error messages.
Cryptic admit they are considering in-game transactions using real money, but they have yet to decide whether to implement full RMT in the finished game.
CCO Jack Emmert has previously expressed distain for the role of real money in online worlds, but a U-turn could be on the cards, micro-transactions described as "a necessary component of the greater Cryptic platform since we plan on working on a number of different titles using our technology platform."
The new MMO is out in July.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side