Resident Evil 5 tops 4 million sales
It's only been out a couple of months, but Capcom's Resident Evil 5 has already amassed some four million in sales globally. Street Fighter IV, meanwhile, has also managed sales in excess of two million.
Capcom sales for the 2008 financial year were up 10.6 percent at 91.8 billion Yen, with profits of 14.6 billion Yen; a 3.3 percent increase.
The Japanese publisher are predicting revenues of 95 billion Yen for the 2009 year, with games Dead Rising, Lost Planet and Monster Hunter set for new releases.
Indeed, the success of Monster Hunter Freedom 2G on the PSP in Japan is credited with contributing to the firm's strong performance.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One