Resident Evil 5 tops 4 million sales
It's only been out a couple of months, but Capcom's Resident Evil 5 has already amassed some four million in sales globally. Street Fighter IV, meanwhile, has also managed sales in excess of two million.
Capcom sales for the 2008 financial year were up 10.6 percent at 91.8 billion Yen, with profits of 14.6 billion Yen; a 3.3 percent increase.
The Japanese publisher are predicting revenues of 95 billion Yen for the 2009 year, with games Dead Rising, Lost Planet and Monster Hunter set for new releases.
Indeed, the success of Monster Hunter Freedom 2G on the PSP in Japan is credited with contributing to the firm's strong performance.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update