Resident Evil 5 tops 4 million sales
It's only been out a couple of months, but Capcom's Resident Evil 5 has already amassed some four million in sales globally. Street Fighter IV, meanwhile, has also managed sales in excess of two million.
Capcom sales for the 2008 financial year were up 10.6 percent at 91.8 billion Yen, with profits of 14.6 billion Yen; a 3.3 percent increase.
The Japanese publisher are predicting revenues of 95 billion Yen for the 2009 year, with games Dead Rising, Lost Planet and Monster Hunter set for new releases.
Indeed, the success of Monster Hunter Freedom 2G on the PSP in Japan is credited with contributing to the firm's strong performance.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto