Resident Evil 5 tops 4 million sales
It's only been out a couple of months, but Capcom's Resident Evil 5 has already amassed some four million in sales globally. Street Fighter IV, meanwhile, has also managed sales in excess of two million.
Capcom sales for the 2008 financial year were up 10.6 percent at 91.8 billion Yen, with profits of 14.6 billion Yen; a 3.3 percent increase.
The Japanese publisher are predicting revenues of 95 billion Yen for the 2009 year, with games Dead Rising, Lost Planet and Monster Hunter set for new releases.
Indeed, the success of Monster Hunter Freedom 2G on the PSP in Japan is credited with contributing to the firm's strong performance.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release