Guitar Hero 5 out this autumn
Activision have officially confirmed this afternoon that Guitar Hero 5 will be out alongside Band Hero and DJ Hero this autumn. The titles had only been rumoured previously.
Band Hero will target a more casual, 'family' audience, via a selection of top forty hits, including guitar, bass, drum and mic peripherals.
DJ Hero, meanwhile, will offer a selection of hip-hop, Motown, electronica and dance tunes, and as we've already confirmed it'll come with a unique-looking turntable controller. Don't worry, there are still coloured buttons.
"Guitar Hero has made music social again and has become one of the most popular ways to experience music," offered Guitar Hero chief Dan Rosensweig.
"Today's fans enjoy a variety of music and are looking for more ways to engage with their favourite songs, artists and fellow fans. These games will let them listen, participate and socialize with music in ways they have never been able to before."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3