Guitar Hero 5 out this autumn
Activision have officially confirmed this afternoon that Guitar Hero 5 will be out alongside Band Hero and DJ Hero this autumn. The titles had only been rumoured previously.
Band Hero will target a more casual, 'family' audience, via a selection of top forty hits, including guitar, bass, drum and mic peripherals.
DJ Hero, meanwhile, will offer a selection of hip-hop, Motown, electronica and dance tunes, and as we've already confirmed it'll come with a unique-looking turntable controller. Don't worry, there are still coloured buttons.
"Guitar Hero has made music social again and has become one of the most popular ways to experience music," offered Guitar Hero chief Dan Rosensweig.
"Today's fans enjoy a variety of music and are looking for more ways to engage with their favourite songs, artists and fellow fans. These games will let them listen, participate and socialize with music in ways they have never been able to before."
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side