France win the FIFA World Cup
Frenchman Bruce Grannec has taken the FIFA Interactive World Cup crown, the 22 year-old vanquishing Mexican Ruben Zerecero 3-1 at the final held in Spain.
The competition kicked off with entries totaling 500,000 players, so these two chaps must be pretty good at FIFA 09, all things considered.
Grannec takes home prize money of 20,000 USD, not to mention a car.
"I am very proud of this victory," he enthused. "It proves that, if you work hard, you will have success."
The final was watched by a crowd of 8,000. Thanks to the BBC.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft