Apple to buy EA?
Juicy Wall Street rumour mongering this week hints that Apple could be eying EA as a potential take-over target.
Writing on the The Street, David Tong teases: "Adami noted that there is chatter that Apple is eyeing Electronic Arts as a takeover target."
Apple have of course got into gaming in a big way since the iPhone and it's App Store went stellar, with some now proclaiming Apple to be a major threat to Sony and Nintendo in the handheld market.
If Apple were to acquire EA, this would really put the cat amongst the pigeons, given the firm's role as one of the most important third-party games publishers.
More on this idle conjecture as we get it.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release