Apple to buy EA?
Juicy Wall Street rumour mongering this week hints that Apple could be eying EA as a potential take-over target.
Writing on the The Street, David Tong teases: "Adami noted that there is chatter that Apple is eyeing Electronic Arts as a takeover target."
Apple have of course got into gaming in a big way since the iPhone and it's App Store went stellar, with some now proclaiming Apple to be a major threat to Sony and Nintendo in the handheld market.
If Apple were to acquire EA, this would really put the cat amongst the pigeons, given the firm's role as one of the most important third-party games publishers.
More on this idle conjecture as we get it.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title