Apple to buy EA?
Juicy Wall Street rumour mongering this week hints that Apple could be eying EA as a potential take-over target.
Writing on the The Street, David Tong teases: "Adami noted that there is chatter that Apple is eyeing Electronic Arts as a takeover target."
Apple have of course got into gaming in a big way since the iPhone and it's App Store went stellar, with some now proclaiming Apple to be a major threat to Sony and Nintendo in the handheld market.
If Apple were to acquire EA, this would really put the cat amongst the pigeons, given the firm's role as one of the most important third-party games publishers.
More on this idle conjecture as we get it.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One