Apple to buy EA?
Juicy Wall Street rumour mongering this week hints that Apple could be eying EA as a potential take-over target.
Writing on the The Street, David Tong teases: "Adami noted that there is chatter that Apple is eyeing Electronic Arts as a takeover target."
Apple have of course got into gaming in a big way since the iPhone and it's App Store went stellar, with some now proclaiming Apple to be a major threat to Sony and Nintendo in the handheld market.
If Apple were to acquire EA, this would really put the cat amongst the pigeons, given the firm's role as one of the most important third-party games publishers.
More on this idle conjecture as we get it.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year