Apple to buy EA?
Juicy Wall Street rumour mongering this week hints that Apple could be eying EA as a potential take-over target.
Writing on the The Street, David Tong teases: "Adami noted that there is chatter that Apple is eyeing Electronic Arts as a takeover target."
Apple have of course got into gaming in a big way since the iPhone and it's App Store went stellar, with some now proclaiming Apple to be a major threat to Sony and Nintendo in the handheld market.
If Apple were to acquire EA, this would really put the cat amongst the pigeons, given the firm's role as one of the most important third-party games publishers.
More on this idle conjecture as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3