Maxis plot new multiplayer action offering
Sims and Spore creators Maxis are working on something a little different if rumours this morning are to be believed, the studio looking to hire game makers for a a new "fast-paced multiplayer action game."
Given the genre it seems unlikely that this game is a new offering based on one of the firm's established IPs, and the job itself further hints at something rather different.
"RPG, combat, or card collection game design experience" is requested, and we're told the title in question is "focused on heavy customizability".
It sounds a little like Maxis could be taking some inspiration from Rare's latest Banjo game - or even LittleBigPlanet perhaps. We'll find out soon. We hope.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year