Maxis plot new multiplayer action offering
Sims and Spore creators Maxis are working on something a little different if rumours this morning are to be believed, the studio looking to hire game makers for a a new "fast-paced multiplayer action game."
Given the genre it seems unlikely that this game is a new offering based on one of the firm's established IPs, and the job itself further hints at something rather different.
"RPG, combat, or card collection game design experience" is requested, and we're told the title in question is "focused on heavy customizability".
It sounds a little like Maxis could be taking some inspiration from Rare's latest Banjo game - or even LittleBigPlanet perhaps. We'll find out soon. We hope.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone