Maxis plot new multiplayer action offering
Sims and Spore creators Maxis are working on something a little different if rumours this morning are to be believed, the studio looking to hire game makers for a a new "fast-paced multiplayer action game."
Given the genre it seems unlikely that this game is a new offering based on one of the firm's established IPs, and the job itself further hints at something rather different.
"RPG, combat, or card collection game design experience" is requested, and we're told the title in question is "focused on heavy customizability".
It sounds a little like Maxis could be taking some inspiration from Rare's latest Banjo game - or even LittleBigPlanet perhaps. We'll find out soon. We hope.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch