Maxis plot new multiplayer action offering
Sims and Spore creators Maxis are working on something a little different if rumours this morning are to be believed, the studio looking to hire game makers for a a new "fast-paced multiplayer action game."
Given the genre it seems unlikely that this game is a new offering based on one of the firm's established IPs, and the job itself further hints at something rather different.
"RPG, combat, or card collection game design experience" is requested, and we're told the title in question is "focused on heavy customizability".
It sounds a little like Maxis could be taking some inspiration from Rare's latest Banjo game - or even LittleBigPlanet perhaps. We'll find out soon. We hope.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3