Prince non-plussed by Guitar Hero
Veteran pop-rocker Prince (who used to be known as a bizarre symbol, but now isn't, apparently) has turned down a deal that would have seen his songs included in Guitar Hero. Apparently, the money just wasn't enough... and Prince would rather see youngsters learn to play real guitars.
"I ain't mad at them," he offered, according to Gamespot.
"I hear it made, like, USD 2 billion and they came to us and offered us a very small portion of that."
"I just think it's more important that kids learn how to actually play the guitar," Prince said.
"It's a tough instrument - it's not easy. It took me a long time, and it was frustrating at first. And you just have to stick with it, and it's cool for people who don't have time to learn the chords or ain't interested in it. But to play music is one of the greatest things."
Aerosmith, Metallica and Van Halen have so far been recruited to the Guitar Hero stable.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light