Prince non-plussed by Guitar Hero
Veteran pop-rocker Prince (who used to be known as a bizarre symbol, but now isn't, apparently) has turned down a deal that would have seen his songs included in Guitar Hero. Apparently, the money just wasn't enough... and Prince would rather see youngsters learn to play real guitars.
"I ain't mad at them," he offered, according to Gamespot.
"I hear it made, like, USD 2 billion and they came to us and offered us a very small portion of that."
"I just think it's more important that kids learn how to actually play the guitar," Prince said.
"It's a tough instrument - it's not easy. It took me a long time, and it was frustrating at first. And you just have to stick with it, and it's cool for people who don't have time to learn the chords or ain't interested in it. But to play music is one of the greatest things."
Aerosmith, Metallica and Van Halen have so far been recruited to the Guitar Hero stable.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone