Prince non-plussed by Guitar Hero
Veteran pop-rocker Prince (who used to be known as a bizarre symbol, but now isn't, apparently) has turned down a deal that would have seen his songs included in Guitar Hero. Apparently, the money just wasn't enough... and Prince would rather see youngsters learn to play real guitars.
"I ain't mad at them," he offered, according to Gamespot.
"I hear it made, like, USD 2 billion and they came to us and offered us a very small portion of that."
"I just think it's more important that kids learn how to actually play the guitar," Prince said.
"It's a tough instrument - it's not easy. It took me a long time, and it was frustrating at first. And you just have to stick with it, and it's cool for people who don't have time to learn the chords or ain't interested in it. But to play music is one of the greatest things."
Aerosmith, Metallica and Van Halen have so far been recruited to the Guitar Hero stable.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi