No Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on Wii
Capcom's new fighting title, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 can't be released on the Wii. This is because Capcom only have the rights to a downloadable release, while the game is too big for WiiWare distribution.
"This is a downloadable play, not a retail play," Capcom’s Christian Svensson reveals.
"We don't actually have any retail rights on this project. And there's no way to get anywhere near the WiiWare filesize limit here."
So, the game will only be released on the PS3 and Xbox 360 in download form, while a PS3-only demo should be unveiled this week.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO