No Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on Wii
Capcom's new fighting title, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 can't be released on the Wii. This is because Capcom only have the rights to a downloadable release, while the game is too big for WiiWare distribution.
"This is a downloadable play, not a retail play," Capcom’s Christian Svensson reveals.
"We don't actually have any retail rights on this project. And there's no way to get anywhere near the WiiWare filesize limit here."
So, the game will only be released on the PS3 and Xbox 360 in download form, while a PS3-only demo should be unveiled this week.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date