Ubisoft beds Playboy
French publishing power-house Ubisoft today confirmed a new European publishing agreement with ARUSH Entertainment (a North American publisher), covering several titles, including one based on an official 'Playboy' licence.
Playboy: The Mansion is currently planned for a release on the PC, and 'two major consoles' (we're guessing the Xbox and the PS2) in the autumn of 2004.
Here's the official word on this:
Ubisoft makes male dreams come true: Playboy: The Mansion is a unique gaming experience that seamlessly combines an intriguing social interaction simulation with empire-building challenges. In the game the player assumes the persona of world-famous Hugh Hefner, building Playboy Magazine and the Playboy Mansion into dynamic cultural icons. An estimated 5 million adults buy the 18 international editions of the magazine, bringing Playboy's global readership to almost 15 million.
Enough to keep any budding Hugh Heffner salivating for more, I'm sure you'll concur...
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week