Spector has faith in cloud gaming
Veteran game maker Warren Spector (Deus Ex), has apparently convinced Sims mastermind Will Wright that cloud gaming does indeed have a bright future.
Wright and Spector apparently clashed over the prospects for cloud services like OnLive at GDC last month, however Spector believes he may have his counterpart convinced.
"For the first time in my life, at least, I actually got Will Wright to admit that I was right about something we were argued about - specifically, the big impact Cloud computing was likely to have on games and game development," he suggested on his blog.
"I think it's going to be huge and he, at least at the start of the discussion, didn't think it would change things at all."
More on OnLive, and Dave Perry's Gaikai rival, very soon.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week