Spector has faith in cloud gaming
Veteran game maker Warren Spector (Deus Ex), has apparently convinced Sims mastermind Will Wright that cloud gaming does indeed have a bright future.
Wright and Spector apparently clashed over the prospects for cloud services like OnLive at GDC last month, however Spector believes he may have his counterpart convinced.
"For the first time in my life, at least, I actually got Will Wright to admit that I was right about something we were argued about - specifically, the big impact Cloud computing was likely to have on games and game development," he suggested on his blog.
"I think it's going to be huge and he, at least at the start of the discussion, didn't think it would change things at all."
More on OnLive, and Dave Perry's Gaikai rival, very soon.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone