Spector has faith in cloud gaming
Veteran game maker Warren Spector (Deus Ex), has apparently convinced Sims mastermind Will Wright that cloud gaming does indeed have a bright future.
Wright and Spector apparently clashed over the prospects for cloud services like OnLive at GDC last month, however Spector believes he may have his counterpart convinced.
"For the first time in my life, at least, I actually got Will Wright to admit that I was right about something we were argued about - specifically, the big impact Cloud computing was likely to have on games and game development," he suggested on his blog.
"I think it's going to be huge and he, at least at the start of the discussion, didn't think it would change things at all."
More on OnLive, and Dave Perry's Gaikai rival, very soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3