Guitar Hero "clear" music genre winner
Chatting with Gamasutra this week, Cowen analyst Doug Creutz has predicted that despite stiff competition (from MTV's Rock Band, among others), Activision's Guitar Hero IP will emerge as the main winner in the huge music game genre.
"We believe music genre sales for the company will be driven by an expansion of the release slate in 2009, which should broaden sales to core consumers," Creutz offered.
"We also believe that Guitar Hero is likely to face less competition from Rock Band this year, driving a gain in market share for Activision Blizzard."
The Beatles: Rock Band isn't regarded as a major threat to Activision's thrown, either, while DJ Hero is expected to give peripheral sales a lift.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter