Guitar Hero "clear" music genre winner
Chatting with Gamasutra this week, Cowen analyst Doug Creutz has predicted that despite stiff competition (from MTV's Rock Band, among others), Activision's Guitar Hero IP will emerge as the main winner in the huge music game genre.
"We believe music genre sales for the company will be driven by an expansion of the release slate in 2009, which should broaden sales to core consumers," Creutz offered.
"We also believe that Guitar Hero is likely to face less competition from Rock Band this year, driving a gain in market share for Activision Blizzard."
The Beatles: Rock Band isn't regarded as a major threat to Activision's thrown, either, while DJ Hero is expected to give peripheral sales a lift.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title