Guitar Hero "clear" music genre winner
Chatting with Gamasutra this week, Cowen analyst Doug Creutz has predicted that despite stiff competition (from MTV's Rock Band, among others), Activision's Guitar Hero IP will emerge as the main winner in the huge music game genre.
"We believe music genre sales for the company will be driven by an expansion of the release slate in 2009, which should broaden sales to core consumers," Creutz offered.
"We also believe that Guitar Hero is likely to face less competition from Rock Band this year, driving a gain in market share for Activision Blizzard."
The Beatles: Rock Band isn't regarded as a major threat to Activision's thrown, either, while DJ Hero is expected to give peripheral sales a lift.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold