Guitar Hero "clear" music genre winner
Chatting with Gamasutra this week, Cowen analyst Doug Creutz has predicted that despite stiff competition (from MTV's Rock Band, among others), Activision's Guitar Hero IP will emerge as the main winner in the huge music game genre.
"We believe music genre sales for the company will be driven by an expansion of the release slate in 2009, which should broaden sales to core consumers," Creutz offered.
"We also believe that Guitar Hero is likely to face less competition from Rock Band this year, driving a gain in market share for Activision Blizzard."
The Beatles: Rock Band isn't regarded as a major threat to Activision's thrown, either, while DJ Hero is expected to give peripheral sales a lift.
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015
- Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow producer Dave Cox parts ways with Konami
- Xenoblade Chronicles coming to the New 3DS
- Deep Silver teases a devilish Saints Row V reveal
- Nintendo announces two brand new upgraded 3DS models
- Microsoft announces Games With Gold selection for September