Guitar Hero "clear" music genre winner
Chatting with Gamasutra this week, Cowen analyst Doug Creutz has predicted that despite stiff competition (from MTV's Rock Band, among others), Activision's Guitar Hero IP will emerge as the main winner in the huge music game genre.
"We believe music genre sales for the company will be driven by an expansion of the release slate in 2009, which should broaden sales to core consumers," Creutz offered.
"We also believe that Guitar Hero is likely to face less competition from Rock Band this year, driving a gain in market share for Activision Blizzard."
The Beatles: Rock Band isn't regarded as a major threat to Activision's thrown, either, while DJ Hero is expected to give peripheral sales a lift.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014